Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnnyDancer
    • By JohnnyDancer 11th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 1Thanks
    JohnnyDancer
    Mortgage fraud, what will they do?
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    Mortgage fraud, what will they do? 11th Sep 17 at 1:25 PM
    I own the upstairs flat in an old house & I share the freehold with the downstairs flat. I found myself no longer able to pay the mortgage 3 years ago so I have moved out and rented my flat without informing my mortgage company. After the first year, I switched mortgage provider and now have a new residential mortgage with them. They believe I live at the address. I have been told that although this is mortgage fraud they are unlikely to come down on me very hard and could be sympathetic to my situation (I have alcohol issues and mental issues). Does any one know what they are likely to do if they find out what I am doing? The people downstairs believe that I have a Buy To Let Mortgage and so do the tenants.
    Any advice welcome
Page 3
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 13th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    • 711 Posts
    • 749 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    I also tried to trick them out of a large amount of money and they worked it out .
    Originally posted by JohnnyDancer
    What??? This gets better!
    • BBH123
    • By BBH123 13th Sep 17, 4:31 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 718 Thanks
    BBH123
    What??? This gets better!
    Originally posted by bertiewhite

Thats when I lost sympathy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,587Posts Today

8,155Users online

Martin's Twitter