Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kayleighevans
    • By Kayleighevans 11th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kayleighevans
    Oven warranty
    • 11th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    Oven warranty 11th Sep 17 at 12:26 PM
    Hi,

im looking for some guidance on what steps to take next with my oven being broken and only 14 months old, i brought it from Argos and its a Bush oven. 2 weeks ago i noticed that the front glass panel was coming off the hinge of the door, i then tried to open the door resulting in both glass bits coming away from the hinge, i called Argos to see what help they could offer they told me to take out the extended warranty plan at they would arrange someone to come and fix it or the oven would be replaced if they could not fix it. I was then contacted by and engineer who asked me to send pictures of the over in, so i did a few days later i called them asking what was going to happen, they told me they were having trouble finding the bit to fix the oven and they would get back to me. Saturday i revived a letter telling me they have canceled my plan because the cost of fixing the over would be more that 250 pounds and that was the repair limit. i then called Argos and asked what can be done as my over is only 14 month old andf they told me i could call Bush direct and see what they can do or pay £109 for a one off repair. i called Bush and got pretty much the same answer.
    i understand that the door has come off but it looks like that it has been put on wrong as surly it is built to last more the 14 months. Any advise would be appreciated. Apologies for the long post.
    thank you.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 11th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    • 9,611 Posts
    • 3,930 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 11th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    <surly it is built to last more the 14 months.>
    Yes but its up to you at 14 months to prove this via an independent report .

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4922954
    • macman
    • By macman 11th Sep 17, 4:18 PM
    • 41,290 Posts
    • 16,954 Thanks
    macman
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:18 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:18 PM
    OP, are you aware that Bush is simply a brand name wholly owned by Argos? The products branded as Bush are simply overruns or end of line products that they buy from anywhere cheap enough, and are then badged as Bush for Argos. That's why there is next to no service or spares availability. And it's out of the manufacturer's warranty.
    Unless you want to pay out for an independent report, I'd bite the bullet and replace it with a decent brand.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,899Posts Today

3,800Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin