Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 11th Sep 17, 11:54 AM
    • 4,857Posts
    • 3,857Thanks
    glentoran99
    Free Gift rights
    • 11th Sep 17, 11:54 AM
    Free Gift rights 11th Sep 17 at 11:54 AM
    I got a free DashCam with my car insurance, its arrived faulty, On the website it says that I must cover return postage to get a replacement, Surely this isn't the case and rights are the same as if I have bought it?
Page 1
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 11th Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    • 808 Posts
    • 605 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:08 PM
    Correct8910
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 11th Sep 17, 3:10 PM
    • 11,554 Posts
    • 8,679 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:10 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:10 PM
    It wasn't free, it was at no additional charge. Therefore you did buy it and have full consumer rights for it.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 11th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 4,857 Posts
    • 3,857 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    Thanks folks that's what I thought, bit of a funny one though as it was the compare site that gave me the camera I didn't actually buy anything from them

They are sending me new one and I don't even have to return the old one, Was just pre-empting the "send it back" as the website specifically says the customer has to cover returns if faulty
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 11th Sep 17, 5:27 PM
    • 9,599 Posts
    • 10,759 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:27 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:27 PM
    Thanks folks that's what I thought, bit of a funny one though as it was the compare site that gave me the camera I didn't actually buy anything from them
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    In which case, I would say that they can legally ask for you to have to pay to return it because you didn't have to buy anything from them and as no money changed hands between you and the comparison site, there was no contract of sale so no CRA cover.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 11th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 4,857 Posts
    • 3,857 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    In which case, I would say that they can legally ask for you to have to pay to return it because you didn't have to buy anything from them and as no money changed hands between you and the comparison site, there was no contract of sale so no CRA cover.
    Originally posted by shaun from Africa
    But they would be getting paid from the insurer presumably?

Its all hypothetical now as they are replacing no quibble but as its only a cheap camera it possibly would have cost prohibitive to post back for a new one Negating the free gift (and it was one of the reasons I went through them)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

708Posts Today

6,183Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin