Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 11th Sep 17, 9:59 AM
    • 1,072Posts
    • 347Thanks
    WLM21
    Would YOU buy a car battery on Ebay
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:59 AM
    Would YOU buy a car battery on Ebay 11th Sep 17 at 9:59 AM
    I need a new battery for a campervan and have had a couple of suggestions which are on Ebay.

I'm just puzzled .. would folk here buy a battery online

Surely the postage is going to be pretty high, meaning this 'free post' is just added to the price.

I have an 1989 1.6 turbo diesel VW van

thank you for any advice provided
Page 2
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 12th Sep 17, 10:32 AM
    • 4,044 Posts
    • 2,194 Thanks
    Lorian
    I buy online with no issues with the ones I've bought.

However I always like to know from the seller that what I'm buying is less than 12 months since manufacturing date. I wouldn't buy anything older as you don't know if the charge has been correctly topped up while stored.

I like bosch/varta - but unless the seller declares the age you need to email varta customer services with the code frm the battery for the to tell you the manufacture date. It's not possible to decode yourself AFAIK.

Also note Varta normally sell (online) cheaper than Bosch - but they are the same battery made in the same factory.
    • Richard53
    • By Richard53 13th Sep 17, 1:22 AM
    • 2,521 Posts
    • 2,157 Thanks
    Richard53
    Just watch the measurements for the battery tray.
    Originally posted by decbel
    ... including height. And the position/orientation/type of the + and - terminals - been caught out by that one before.
    An hour alone spells freedom to the slave.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

286Posts Today

3,566Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin