Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Izabera
    • By Izabera 11th Sep 17, 9:26 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Izabera
    Will my poor credit rating affect my girlfriends Mortgage application
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:26 AM
    Will my poor credit rating affect my girlfriends Mortgage application 11th Sep 17 at 9:26 AM
    Hi all
    My girlfriend is currently applying for a mortgage for a new house the worry for me is my credit rating . Years ago I hit hard times and destroyed my rating , I have 2 ccjs on my file ( both satisfied ) and nothing else .
    We are only linked through a joint account ( not used for wages ) we both have separate current accounts for our outgoings and expenditure.
    The Mortgage is solely in her name but with us being linked could this possibly affect her application ? She has a perfect credit rating and is using a broker to secure a mortgage , she has the 'mortgage in principal ' .

Thanks for reading
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 11th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    • 15,389 Posts
    • 7,782 Thanks
    ACG
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    Potentially yes. I would check the lenders criteria before applying - or trust your broker.
    Where is the deposit coming from? This could also be an issue with some lenders if it was built up jointly or by you.

On a side note, are the CCJs the reason you are not going on the application? There are lenders who would potentially accept you at normal rates.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Izabera
    • By Izabera 11th Sep 17, 9:40 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Izabera
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:40 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:40 AM
    The deposit is from the sale of her current property . We have nothing joint bar the current account .
    I already have a mortgage on another property which is being put on the market to sell shortly . So the new house purchase is only based on her wages and outgoings .

Thank you
    • ACG
    • By ACG 11th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 15,389 Posts
    • 7,782 Thanks
    ACG
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    That should be fine.
    The right lender and you should not have too many problems.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Izabera
    • By Izabera 11th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Izabera
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    It's NatWest . Just checked Equifax there is no association .

Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,638Posts Today

8,831Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin