Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 10th Sep 17, 9:55 PM
    • 2,395Posts
    • 34,510Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 11th September 2017
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:55 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 11th September 2017 10th Sep 17 at 9:55 PM
    Welcome to the weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up!
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

MAD half hour- Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Ok here goes this week!

Monday Mayhem - Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level One...

Vacuum through the living room, hall and stairs
    Level Two..
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean windows and all glass.. including the tv screen
    Clear the mantel and only put back the items which are supposed to be there.. and that doesn't include letters, keys or other treasure!
    Level Three..
    Wipe and water plants
    Put all your hotspots in one pile and work your way through it..
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself

Extras
    • Have a bit of a tidy in the cupboard under the stairs.
    • Wipe down any paintwork that needs it.
    • Binbag dance.. Get a binbag.. fill it and bin it!!!
    • Wash any cushions, throws or curtains that need it.. Do you need your winter curtains up yet?

Tuesday Trauma - Kitchen and Dining Room
    15 minutes...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Level Two..
    Sweep and mop floors
    Clean the fridge.. get rid of all those furry things growing in corners!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, microwave etc
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Clean out your mankiest kitchen cupboard..

Extras
    • Run the WM through 'clean cycle'.. hottish wash with a splosh of vinegar, soda crystals bleach.. whatever you fancy just clear those pipes of gunge!
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • 31 fling boogie..
    • Wipe over the oven and hob - you know you want to ...
    • Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Wednesday wobbles- Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Level One..

Clean floors in these rooms
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets, don't forget the outside! and sinks.. shine the taps with a toothbrush
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three..
    Clean those extractor fans
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    Scrub down tiles in bathroom.. defragment your pc while doing this.
    Empty and clean out all the upstairs bins!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Collect all the dirty laundry

Extras
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Fling all those empty bottles and tubes
    • Replace any sponges, flannels, toiletries that need it
    • Make a long list of those bodies you need to purchase Christmas gifts for!!.. 104 days lol

Thursday Throw!- Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers.
    Fling open the window and let in the rainy sunnyness
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum & turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Air the duvet
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort through a cupboard and fling everything that is dead (organic or non organic!)
    Clear a hotspot.. or spend 15 minutes clearing one.

Extras
    • 32 fling boogie time, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Clean all paintwork on the landing
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Clear out your trousers/skirts

Friday Flyday- those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Spend at least half an hour doing something for yourself!!!!! paint your nails, make an appointment to have your hair done, a lovely soak in the bath.. whatever you feel like!! I'm having my nails done this morning as usual
    Level Two...
    Vacuum the floor
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    spend at least an hour with your family... playing, reading or just watching a dvd and having a hug!
    Strip beds, turn and vacuum mattresses!! and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!! Wash the curtains!
    Level Three..
    Clean 2 windows
    Sort through a toybox and make space for santa coming!!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors

Extras
    • Find 5 things to ebay/freecycle
    • Wipe the radiators, skirtings and window & door frames!
    • HHI
    • End of week fling!! grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Work yourself to level 3 in your messiest room!!
    • Spend at least an hour with your family... playing, reading or just watching a dvd and having a hug!
    Last edited by Natty68; 14-09-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 4
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 12th Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    • 6,822 Posts
    • 87,041 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Oh narc0 that's so sad xx

Well the little a$$holes () excelled themselves. So I calmly said "I'm off to bed, you can please yourselves " at which point they switched the wii on I said "you might want to pack your pe bag and make some sandwiches, and find an alarm clock so you get up in the morning " and went to bed.

Within minutes the console was off, ds was in bed and dd was tapping on my door saying sorry for being horrid!

They've both had their teeth brushed (no supper!) and dispatched to bed with a flea in their ear about nicer manners being used for mum as well as the rest of the world. Lol.

I'm still shattered though so I'm staying in bed, where it's warm...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 12th Sep 17, 9:39 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 4,158 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Very sad news Narco. ((Hugs)) x

Well done bossy for sticking it out. And I'd stay in bed as well - it's wild out there apart from anything else.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and warm. Or is it just here where it is blowing a gale and the rain is battering at the windows?
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 12th Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 5,017 Posts
    • 52,235 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening

Sorry Narco to read your sad news

What a lovely surprise with Daisy LW and it was definitely a 'meant to be' re your bargain printer

Great move Bossy - that's one they'll remember for ages

I think we miss this one Fayolle. The sea is calm and flat atm, though it has been raining and is below 9 degrees already. Fingers xd those affected all stay safe.

Kitchen all WUDUPA after dinner and washed kitchen and bathroom floors.

Monday Mayhem - Living Room and Hall
    Vacuum through the living room and hall
    Put all your hotspots in one pile and work your way through it..
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself

Tuesday Trauma - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Clean the fridge

Wednesday wobbles- Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Clean baths, toilets, don't forget the outside! and sinks.. shine the taps with a toothbrush
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Clean those extractor fans
    Scrub down tiles in bathroom.. defragment your pc while doing this.
    Extras
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these room

Hugs, sticks and spoons if needed
    Hope you all enjoy 'hump-day'
    Lx
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=2243....NOV=102.78/300
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1680....NOV=119.65/200
    Bulk buy.......NOV=21.09
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=191....NOV=10/15
    SPC130x60...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843.51
    OS WL= -4/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £10,250
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 12th Sep 17, 10:43 PM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 18,861 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Hugs for you Narc0. Such a sad time for all concerned

Bossy, I feel your pain. Tiny has been just dreadful today - excelling himself by stripping naked and having a poo in the Wendyhouse at preschool, opening his cousin's birthday card and present with the kitchen scissors (obtained by balancing on the open door of the under-counter fridge) then peeing on the floor in the lounge and hiding his wet pants and trousers under my new sofa cushions He went to bed without any dinner.

Breathe.......
    Womble No: 12 £3400.99 as at 5/4/2017
    Sealed pot challenge 2017 (#501)1/6/2016 = 10.12.2
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 12th Sep 17, 10:51 PM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 33,610 Thanks
    ionafan
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Narc0 x

It's blowing a gale here too, but we are warm and dry. Rosie found a big frog on her late night walk! She has been on a narrow-gauge steam train and a cliff railway and seen the sea. Tomorrow I hope we can take her to a beach - there are plenty of dog-friendly ones in this area, and the tea room with the best scones ever also welcomed her in today, so we will be going back for seconds there!

Flying-wise, I pulled the blanket straight on the sofa and made sure that Rosie wiped her feet when she came in. DH has washed up the supper plates
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 12th Sep 17, 11:23 PM
    • 23,240 Posts
    • 90,212 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Came home after a rather stressful day of babysitting work experience kids who didn't manage to find themselves a placement in the short period of a year they'd been given to do it, along with getting trapped in a cupboard for ten minutes because the door handle broke off on the inside, only to find Himself in a full blown meltdown about several million things topped off by dropping the ridiculously expensive energy saving light bulb and smashing it when dealing with the fitting.

Ugh. Didn't need to have to deal with that as soon as I walked in through the door. I wasn't going out again to get food, so persuaded him to help me bake some bread in the hope it would calm him down and I'd get something to eat without spending a fortune on takeaway.

Fortunately, it worked, the bread came out perfect and we had bread and homemade jam for tea, which was just as well, because I'm too wiped out to do - or deal with - anything else. As it was, whilst he was in mid stress, I managed to clear the countertop of random items, clean it, sweep the floor, get the oven on low, find the flour and bits, get the scales, mixing bowl, baking tray and measuring spoons out, feed the cats, sort them out two perching spots so they could supervise without getting trodden on and sort out the warm water. And it took roughly 30 seconds to clean up at the end. I don't quite understand how he can make so much mess in the kitchen that it looks like a bomb's hit it every single day. It's got to improve when I go on this medication, as I'll more vulnerable to coming down with bugs when taking it and I'm not prepared to trust anything that comes from the kitchen as it stands. Oh, and I sorted out another nice bed for the cat with a horrid jumper I was given. Then adjusted it because the cat wasn't quite happy with how it was arranged.

I'm starving hungry now, though. I know I could do with losing some weight, but a couple of slices of bread a day isn't really food in my opinion. And I'm not particularly impressed with my day.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 13th Sep 17, 6:55 AM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 15,945 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all

Blowing a gale here, and so chilly the heating clicked on in the night. Spent yesterday feeling cross, grumpy and sad for a whole host of reasons - need to pull self together. A couple of hours work this morning then errands to run. Need need need to get finances in check too - article on sky news about the state of the banks making me panic.

DD has sports club after school so later pick up than normal.

About to unload DW and stick a wash on. Think we will be driving to school today.

Back later x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.11.17 - £119,999.04
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 13th Sep 17, 7:51 AM
    • 15,346 Posts
    • 196,287 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    Gentle supporting hugs to narco and all affected, so sad and unfair.
    Hugs good wishes and posi vibes to all who need/want them.

Been round mils yesterday more cleaning done, gardener arranged, birthday meal booked and new chair cover put on.
    Neighbour's sons friends trousers mended, half sewn a zip into Dh s old rucksack need to finish that today. Spent ages last night giggling over the wedding booth photos now they are online.

It's been blowing a hoolie here all night and rain was coming down horizontal when we do the open mic runs with ds1, ds2 had to walk home from work as he could t stay upright on his bike-I had told him not to take it.
    Need to iron, do first module test today and make a start on some knitted bits for the hospital. Only in work at lunch so it's achievable.

Have a good day all xx
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    xstitch challenge 63 Thumbelina
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 13th Sep 17, 9:13 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 4,158 Thanks
    Fayolle
    An interesting morning so far. The power went off about 3am and came back about an hour ago. It wasn't due back until 2 pm, so thank you Electricity people for doing it fast. Thank goodness for a gas hob that can light with a match, so coffee could be had. I had to take DD to school as Wednesday is Carry all Your Bags Plus Guitar to School day, and there were lots of bushes down on the roads. As we had no electricity. i didn't do the food shop on the way home, only to find that the power was back on in the meantime, so I will have to go out again later.

I'm feeling right behind now, so had better shift myself. Kettle first though....
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 13th Sep 17, 9:25 AM
    • 6,822 Posts
    • 87,041 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Morning!

Well I must have slept through any storm - having been out it doesn't look like it was ever here, lol, thank heavens the bins didn't blow over!

Kiddies remember a little humility this morning, all very pleasant, with a ban of DS taking any food out of the kitchen as he is still forgetting the existence of bins. But much more peaceful and pleasant. They asked why we have no sweets and I said they can have some when I've had at least 3 days of no poor attitude

Just had a glitter explosion while lifting DDs papers out of her thingy. We have wall mounted document / leaflet holders above my desk and I pop their nicer drawings and bits of work along with certificates etc in there. Every now and then, we empty them and some get stuck in their scrap books (saves me having to keep every picture). Well I just emptied them and I've now got glitter in my cup of tea, lol.

Need to replace the window film in the garage / den. It has bubbled and creased - probably due to being in full sun all morning, but it is nice and bright and warm in here.

Also need to dust and vac everywhere !!!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 13th Sep 17, 12:48 PM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 15,945 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Work done, 3 loads of washing done and draped over the airers and lunch scoffed. The wind is very chilly here but I am resisting putting the heating on - snuggled under a blanket instead with the dog

Had a real win this morning - 4 lovely tops in the local charity shop for £11 all in. Two of them are brand new

Should really do some flying but suffering from serious CBA-ness
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.11.17 - £119,999.04
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 13th Sep 17, 1:14 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 4,158 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Should really do some flying but suffering from serious CBA-ness
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde
    Ditto. And if I had a dog, I'd definitely be curled up with it too.

Back from errands and grocery shop in big town. I think I must have met every crazy driver going today. One drove at least a mile pretty much on the wrong side of the road. I stayed well back to avoid getting caught in any collision. I know they are country roads, but no excuse. And people drive crazy speeds on them too.

Shopping put away, will try to stir myself before I have to go out again in an hour or so.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 13th Sep 17, 1:29 PM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 46,625 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    So sorry to hear your news, Narco. (((Hugs)))
    Glad Little Moos have remembered their manners, (((hugs))) for all mothers especially Dizzy and any other that are having a testing time.
    Here's hoping you don't have too many yesterdays like that, JoJo.

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday and have decided to stop doing several things I've done for the last twenty-plus years. If I haven't got enough time or energy to do the one thing I want to do, I'm not doing myself any favours carrying on with community things. Other people can have a turn. OH has been brilliant and stepped up to the plate and did some urgent stuff, and I'm scaling back how much of a spring clean the sitting room is having. I really shouldn't have to spend a whole week getting ready we go away every single time we do so, and this time it's only for a weekend.

The forecast was for a fine and windy day, two loads went through the washing machine, the first one pegged out and it promptly started raining.

If anyone has the time, please could you vote for England's Tree of the Year? Our very own Plymouth Pear needs your support - it's the last one of the 10 finalists. Many thanks.
    Keeping it AF
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 13th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 9,919 Posts
    • 106,528 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Narco (((HUGS))) hun; you posted while I was typing my last post, so I've only just seen your news. How awful.

Bossy, I feel your pain. Tiny has been just dreadful today - excelling himself by stripping naked and having a poo in the Wendyhouse at preschool, opening his cousin's birthday card and present with the kitchen scissors (obtained by balancing on the open door of the under-counter fridge) then peeing on the floor in the lounge and hiding his wet pants and trousers under my new sofa cushions He went to bed without any dinner.

Breathe.......
    Originally posted by Dizzy Imp
    You've just reminded me why I deal with dogs and not children. Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh - but I guess you have to sometimes, or you'd cry.
    Just had a glitter explosion while lifting DDs papers out of her thingy. We have wall mounted document / leaflet holders above my desk and I pop their nicer drawings and bits of work along with certificates etc in there. Every now and then, we empty them and some get stuck in their scrap books (saves me having to keep every picture). Well I just emptied them and I've now got glitter in my cup of tea, lol.
    Originally posted by bossymoo
    Is this a down-market version of that fancy wine you can get, with little bits of gold floating about in it?

Daisy did very well on her walk this morning; she managed the whole of the "short loop" as I call it - I think she may remember taking that route three years ago, because she turned left at the junction in the path very resolutely, to go that route. She's 13 now, so it was quite a distance for her. She's been sleeping since we got in.

Mr LW has mowed the back lawn; he was going to do the front as well, but it started raining, and it's an electric mower - not worth the risk.

Other than that, Mr LW has prepped one of the pineapples we got from the market yesterday (2 for £1) and I've put some of that, and some of the bananas we got, in the dehydrator.

ETA: HB - Plymouth Pear duly voted for.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 13th Sep 17, 2:34 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 35,389 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Sorry to hear your news Narco.

Bossy your post about food made me smile. On Monday I did peppers stuffed with chicken and rice (usually a favourite here). DS1 was late in and then said "oh I dont fancy that is there a pizza in the freezer". So when he came in last night and said "what's for tea" I very cheerfully told him NOTHING! He made something himself.

So ... in the gym at 7.30am then paid stuff no. 1. Called at Lidl then home to run the hoover around and put a load of washing in. On with paid stuff no. 2 now. I will work two hours then make a lasagne for tea - might do a veggie version for me as I have some courgettes to use up.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 13th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 35,389 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Oh and I just put my head into DS2s room - there are NINE mugs in there and I am NOT moving them. Anyone like to beat that?
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 13th Sep 17, 4:10 PM
    • 36,115 Posts
    • 465,485 Thanks
    pigpen
    Oh and I just put my head into DS2s room - there are NINE mugs in there and I am NOT moving them. Anyone like to beat that?
    Originally posted by YORKSHIRELASS
    *like* to beat it is probably not the right phrasing.. I wouldn't LIKE to but I bet you I could.. I have at least a student flat worth of cutlery and plates and beakers and glasses missing..

OH at his 3rd interview this week with another scheduled for tomorrow and another we are waiting to hear back from. Todays would be amazing.. the pay is nearly double what he is getting at the moment..

My hip is absolutely freaking killing me.. it hurts so much my painful knee is a dull ache.. I very nearly fell twice at school... embarrassing or what.

I have done NOTHING all week and I have Pixie to dance class at 5:15 until 6pm.. I am hoping OH is home to take her .. Off to get them all fed before dance.. gammon in the oven smelling divine, I just wish I could eat it without being unwell.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 13th Sep 17, 6:10 PM
    • 6,822 Posts
    • 87,041 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Heheh LW yes definitely downmarket lol

YL mine are banned from eating / drinking upstairs, and so far too young to defy that ban, lol

Peaceful here. Allowed them Xbox time and they played lego batman together. And both ate all their dinner!

Just checking my accounts then DD needs to read to me. Not that they have given her a book yet...

Vacced and dusted all upstairs, the stairs and hall, and the garage / den. Then sorted the stationery drawers - used some chopped cereal boxes as dividers - much neater.

Just need to deal with my bed-robe before sleep time!

Even swept up after the furries and gave them a kitchen roll inner stuffed with hay. Then watched them hopping and squealing like birthday and Christmas had come at once, lol. Wish everyone was so easily pleased haha

Ooo one of the banks near us had an armed robbery today - scary stuff!
    Last edited by bossymoo; 13-09-2017 at 6:14 PM.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 13th Sep 17, 6:19 PM
    • 9,919 Posts
    • 106,528 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Even swept up after the furries and gave them a kitchen roll inner stuffed with hay. Then watched them hopping and squealing like birthday and Christmas had come at once, lol. Wish everyone was so easily pleased haha
    Originally posted by bossymoo
    Four-leggeds are so much easier.
    Daisy's dins consisted of cooked chicken thigh cut into small pieces and zapped in the micro for a few seconds..

We've just had our dins, and Mr LW has volunteered to wash up.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 13th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 23,240 Posts
    • 90,212 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Grr. He's obviously fine today.

Got in after another 'well organised' day where I ended up with one kid going all Rafiki on a chair with a toy lion to get them in the mood for singing with their mouths open, as if they have any trouble making sound at any other time of the day, but as soon as singing comes along, they're all mumbly and shuffling (they improved once the soft toy came out - not bad for 11/12 year olds) - and then the cover supervisor didn't turn up for a year 9 class, so was attempting to corral the venomous little ratbags darling, cherished offspring of the parish in the room, removing all excessively loud implements and find out where the blazes was somebody to take the class, as it's well above my paygrade and inclination to deal with such things.

Came in and the house was blissfully empty and quiet, shoved split peas on to soak, gammon, bayleaves, onion, pepper and cloves into the SC, sat down for the first time in hours, and my phone pinged.

He's decided he's going to a gig with a bandmember at zero notice tonight and they've got me guestlisted. All I have to do is go up into central London to meet them.

Flaming Lazarene-style recovery there, compared to last night, where he had, fortunately, gone to sleep by the time I went up, but it was the meltdown type of sleep, where's there's lots of warbling, kicking, fidgeting and one getting up, turning around twice, me saying 'Are you still asleep?', him saying 'yup, I'm still asleep' and then getting back into bed to wave his arms and legs about again.

The twattage is great in this one.

Kitchen is still clean, except for a plate of crumbs and crusts. I can tell he's been out all day.

ETA: Glitter in the tea? Better be careful or you'll be like the Idiot Cat, who had sparkly disco poos for three days after stealing some cake icing made with edible glitter.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,915Posts Today

7,732Users online

Martin's Twitter