Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • oldmotherb
    • By oldmotherb 10th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    oldmotherb
    Parking Charge Notice
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    Parking Charge Notice 10th Sep 17 at 8:18 PM
    Your help please.
    Hubby has received a PCN From ES Parking Enforcement Ltd. Letter is dated 29th August 2017 and incident is recorded as being 19:00 hours on 22nd July 2017. Reason for issue: Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space. There is a photograph of the car with the back tyre parked slightly on the white bay markings.
    I have read the threads and have attempted to appeal via ESParking website. I keep getting the message that the 21 days for appeal has passed and therefore an appeal cannot be made.
    Am I correct in thinking that 21 days starts from the date of the letter, not the date of the "incident"? If so, would you suggest i send the appeal letter by recorded delivery as i notice that other people have had instances where ESParking have allegedly not received their email or correspondence.
    Secondly, which template should I use? On the PCN, ES Parking Enforcement Ltd are noted as being members of BPA whilst their website states they are members of IPA which is very confusing?
    By the way, hubby is panicking and wants to pay the "fine" within the 14 days. I'm standing my ground and telling him he shouldn't.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    • 32,726 Posts
    • 16,745 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    Read up on the game you are now caught up in.

See the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the parking fines sub forum.
    • oldmotherb
    • By oldmotherb 10th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    oldmotherb
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    Thanks. I have read it and re-read it. I can't appeal on line as it's telling me that the time limit has passed and keeps passing me to a payment page.
    I am going to post the letter and record delivery. Hubby is frantically waving his debit card to pay.
    Wish me luck.
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 10th Sep 17, 9:26 PM
    • 5,595 Posts
    • 7,029 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:26 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:26 PM
    If they are IPA, you might as well appeal to the kitchen clock.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
    • Iceweasel
    • By Iceweasel 10th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    • 4,189 Posts
    • 3,033 Thanks
    Iceweasel
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    You don't need Recorded Delivery -some PPCs have been known to refuse to sign for things.

A Proof of Posting receipt from the PO is all that is needed.

And I would re-post your original request in the dedicated Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking forum - this is the general/main motoring forum
    Last edited by Iceweasel; 10-09-2017 at 9:35 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

609Posts Today

5,921Users online

Martin's Twitter