Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • doubleg123
    • By doubleg123 10th Sep 17, 6:59 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    doubleg123
    UKCPS - Is this worth Fighting ?
    • 10th Sep 17, 6:59 PM
    UKCPS - Is this worth Fighting ? 10th Sep 17 at 6:59 PM
    Hello,

So me and my wife have just moved to a new apartment and each have a vehicle. We have only one allocated parking bay and then there are visitor bays that tend to be full most of the time. There are then a few curbs that we've noticed people park along that are not bays. So an unamed driver has parked along this curb (that doesn't block anyone elses access to any other part of the car park) and has come back to notice a PCN from UKCPS.

I had not noticed(read) these signs around the car park which upon reading seem pretty clear and damming in this case: hxxps://ibb.co/hjhmuF (replace x with t, new poster so restricted)

All our tennacy agreement has about parking is the following and is a managed property by the letting agency: hxxps://ibb.co/ctu5oa

So my question is there any reason why the driver shouldn't pay the reduced £60 fee and just try to always get a visitor space in the future because reading through other threads most genuinely seem to have a legit reason to contest but in this case I'm not so sure?

Not sure if this helps but access to the property is via gates that are opened with fobs and there is no signage on the outside when entering.

Finally the colour of the car on the PCN is completly wrong but the rest is correct.

Thanks for any advice
Page 1
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 10th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    https://ibb.co/hjhmuF

https://ibb.co/ctu5oa
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 10th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    Were you possibly unloading, not parked? Like in Jopson v Homeguard
    I'd wait for the postal PCN - see if there's a photo of your car. If there is just a ticket (and it's wrong) that may be harder for them.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Sep 17, 12:00 AM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,497 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Sep 17, 12:00 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 12:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure that UKCPS' postal NTKs don't include any photos at all. Might be better to appeal now and ask for all photographic evidence, and their reasons why they think they can override the residents' rights of way and right to unload at a new apartment, and their evidence as to how they discounted that any (allowable, proved by the Jopson appeal case) loading/unloading activity taking place.

So my question is there any reason why the driver shouldn't pay the reduced £60 fee and just try to always get a visitor space in the future because reading through other threads most genuinely seem to have a legit reason to contest but in this case I'm not so sure?

Not sure if this helps but access to the property is via gates that are opened with fobs and there is no signage on the outside when entering.
    None of us here would pay a scumbag firm £60 for parking or unloading at your own home. The lack of signage and 'case law' like the Jopson appeal and Saeed v Plustrade, means we see pretty much every poster with a small claim, WIN (with our coaching).

Finally the colour of the car on the PCN is completly wrong but the rest is correct.
    Guess why parking firms play that little trick?! They do it ALL the time, to hook a driver into blabbing about who was driving and barking up the completely wrong tree with a stupid, hasty appeal about the colour of the car being wrong, that they think makes the ticket void!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-09-2017 at 12:02 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Sep 17, 8:00 AM
    • 7,007 Posts
    • 6,079 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:00 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:00 AM
    The charges in the sign are much too small to form a contract imo, read this

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/motorist-wins-18-month-ticket-battle-870812
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • doubleg123
    • By doubleg123 11th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    doubleg123
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    Thanks for all the advice so far.

Unfortunately it was parked for around 50 minutes and no loading /unloading was taking place.

Although u guys feel like there's a way to beat it my question would be worst case scenario it goes to small claims court and I lose ... what sort of fee do you think i'll end up paying, because wouldn't it be the £100 plus the court fees ? Which i have no idea of what a ball park figure is ?

I do want to fight it, it's just the risk of losing and potentially oweing £200 as opposed to £60
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:43 PM
    You are about right on your ball park figures (£175 - £200)

But check them out at bmpa (year so far approx. 22000 tickets issued, less than 50 court hearings!)
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-09-2017 at 1:45 PM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    Thanks for all the advice so far.

Unfortunately it was parked for around 50 minutes and no loading /unloading was taking place.

Although u guys feel like there's a way to beat it my question would be worst case scenario it goes to small claims court and I lose ... what sort of fee do you think i'll end up paying, because wouldn't it be the £100 plus the court fees ? Which i have no idea of what a ball park figure is ?

I do want to fight it, it's just the risk of losing and potentially oweing £200 as opposed to £60
    Originally posted by doubleg123
    Before you make any decision, take further advice from the experts
    on here

Understand your enemy, read this all about UKCPS
    and the rubbish these scammers come out with

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=ukcps

They are simply scammers
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • doubleg123
    • By doubleg123 11th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    doubleg123
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    Thanks beamerguy, so I decided to do more investigation of where the driver parked and it turns out the closest signs actually have different wording. The picture with the bush/curb is where the car was parked and the two closest signs. Am I correct in thinking that the terms and condition text is way too small to read.

If so am I correct in thinking the next steps are to wait for NTK and then write the IPC appeal letter to UKCPS as the Keeper of the Vehicle and then go from there ?

hxxps://ibb.co/cSmjYa
    hxxps://ibb.co/bvsrDa
    hxxps://ibb.co/gxdL6v

[again replace x to t]

Again thanks for all your help
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Sep 17, 8:47 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, is the answer you are looking for
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

527Posts Today

6,034Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Do you agree with @TfL's decision not to reissue Uber's licence on grounds including falling to report serous crimes.

• RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Follow Martin