Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • venison
    • By venison 10th Sep 17, 4:14 PM
    • 1,294Posts
    • 1,389Thanks
    venison
    UC transitional payments
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:14 PM
    UC transitional payments 10th Sep 17 at 4:14 PM
    Our area moves to full UC in November. Am I right in assuming (having read lots of conflicting advice) that we will be given transitional payments meaning that we won't suffer financially when natural migration takes place?
    Currently we receive

IR ESA (support) couples rate including SDP (couples rate)
    One receives DLA mid care lower mobility
    One gets PIP standard rate care
    HB and CT help.

TIA
    Last edited by venison; 10-09-2017 at 4:26 PM.
    I am now a Board Guide on the Credit card board and the Loan board and Benefits board (But give me time to learn the ropes thanks).
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 10th Sep 17, 4:40 PM
    • 10,836 Posts
    • 12,700 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:40 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:40 PM
    Our area moves to full UC in November. Am I right in assuming (having read lots of conflicting advice) that we will be given transitional payments meaning that we won't suffer financially when natural migration takes place?
    Currently we receive

IR ESA (support) couples rate including SDP (couples rate)
    One receives DLA mid care lower mobility
    One gets PIP standard rate care
    HB and CT help.

TIA
    Originally posted by venison
    Natural migration takes place when there is a change of circumstances - for example moving to a new area and having to make a new claim for housing costs. People who are naturally migrated to UC have no transitional protection.

Managed migration will not happen until (currently) 2019 and there is transitional protection when this happens.
    • venison
    • By venison 10th Sep 17, 10:32 PM
    • 1,294 Posts
    • 1,389 Thanks
    venison
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:32 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:32 PM
    sorry I meant managed migration.
    I am now a Board Guide on the Credit card board and the Loan board and Benefits board (But give me time to learn the ropes thanks).
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 11th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    • 1,603 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    Yes, re managed migration.

The only addition to what pmlindyloo says, is that where eg a claim is closed in error by the DWP, that doesn't result in migration, as long as there is no more than a one week gap between the old and 'new' claim - because it is not a new claim in reality but due to official error.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,722Posts Today

9,073Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sadly for those buying jointly "Where there are joint purchasers, all purchasers would need to be first-time buyers. "

• First time buyers usually defined as someone who has never owned or part owned a property https://t.co/yM3urZNs8z

• You will not pay stamp duty https://t.co/vHoCWiUXfo

• Follow Martin