Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lee8040
    • By lee8040 10th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 508Posts
    • 262Thanks
    lee8040
    smart 7 metres
    • 10th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    smart 7 metres 10th Sep 17 at 3:39 PM
    i have a smart 7 metre for my electricity. display shows rate 1 and rate 2. would that mean rate 1 is day and rate 2 or could it be the other way round? thanks
Page 1
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 10th Sep 17, 5:43 PM
    • 634 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 10th Sep 17, 5:43 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 5:43 PM
    i have a smart 7 metre for my electricity. display shows rate 1 and rate 2. would that mean rate 1 is day and rate 2 or could it be the other way round? thanks
    Originally posted by lee8040
    Most probably rate 1 is day. Best way is to make sure you see rate 1 advancing in the eco7 day rate hours between , say , 9 am and midnight.
    If you happen to have an old analog 24 hr timerswitch then the day/night could be anywhere in the 24 hrs and needs careful observation.
    Older digital meters are drifting out of time.They do not maintain correct time and I have seen them as much 4 hrs out. Ampy type meters show the time on the meter, so check if that is out because that will change the time the day/night are switched
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,497Posts Today

9,554Users online

Martin's Twitter