Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LoveNorfolk
    • By LoveNorfolk 10th Sep 17, 1:14 PM
    • 177Posts
    • 281Thanks
    LoveNorfolk
    Council parking ticket
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:14 PM
    Council parking ticket 10th Sep 17 at 1:14 PM
    Hi all,

I require your help once again. This is on behalf of my parents who aren't tech savvy and it would take years to get them to understand everything, so I've taken it upon myself to help them as I can. I successfully fought them a private parking ticket, but haven't experienced council ones.

Very simple turn of events. Parents have a blue badge which allows them parking in both marked and unmarked bays in Mansfield council car parks. On every occasion it has been free to park using it, so much so they never check the boards at the machines as you don't pay or need a ticket. Yesterday (9/9/17) they visited after a period of not going for a while, and on return to their car had a ticket. Turns out now there's no concessions for blue badges.

They said on inspecting the signs it now says no concessions for blue badge holders, but it is within other text on the sign with no attention drawn to it. Looking on Mansfield councils website I found that searching for a car park by viewing all their council ones, states Clumber Street as having no concessions, however, reading the page about blue badge parking, it states it's free in all bays of all council car parks, with a few exceptions. Clumber Street is not in that list. Could we use that to fight it? I have screenshotted it.

They have 2 weeks to pay at reduced rate, but I want to help them get a good appeal together, as my father was all for sending one off last night!

Thanks, any help appreciated!
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Sep 17, 2:00 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 10th Sep 17, 2:00 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 2:00 PM
    You need to take this over to pepipoo they are the experts on council tickets.
    • LoveNorfolk
    • By LoveNorfolk 10th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 281 Thanks
    LoveNorfolk
    • 10th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    Cheers will go take a look
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Sep 17, 9:33 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,194 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:33 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:33 PM
    Looking on Mansfield councils website I found that searching for a car park by viewing all their council ones, states Clumber Street as having no concessions, however, reading the page about blue badge parking, it states it's free in all bays of all council car parks, with a few exceptions. Clumber Street is not in that list. Could we use that to fight it? I have screenshotted it.
    Yes, IMHO that would win at adjudication, because people are entitled to believe that the information is correct, and therefore would not go looking for news signs.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Post there (no Hotmail emails on pepipoo) and show them BOTH SIDES of the PCN and the screenshot/link and get help with the first appeal. Write it in the name of the driver and enclose a copy of their Blue Badge and a copy of the screenshot showing Clumber Street is not in that list.

I think if this is a first time PCN for the driver, the Council might agree first time to show discretion and waive it (write the appeal in that way, nice and friendly and apologetic). If they don't, I would tell your parents to wait for the NTO in the post and appeal again and they should win at that stage because 'proper' Council employees review it at that stage!

If not, then I reckon this is won at adjudication, as I said before.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,528Posts Today

7,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin