Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blokes2
    • By blokes2 10th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 186Posts
    • 17Thanks
    blokes2
    Warrant of control help!!
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    Warrant of control help!! 10th Sep 17 at 1:05 PM
    Hi all
    A little advice woyld be helpful before i go out of my mind
    I had a warrant of control issued for non payment of a ccj with PRA GROUP .it was a genuine oversight as i have two ccj with them at 2.00 a month and the other is set up DD for about 6 months. I thought both were!!
    I applied to the court to have the warrant suspeded and yeeterday had a letter from the court in my favour. The wording however confuses me and i wondered if anyone else has this

After checking my circumstancesThe court aggrees that i am unable to pay and suspends the warrant of control so long as the amount outstanding is paid by 29th Sept.

It seems contradictory the the court agrees i cant afford the amount (10000)
    So how can they expect me to pay in a month?
    Would the amount outstanding be the£ 2.00 a month on the ccj? Or the arrears on that since it was set up?
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 10th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    • 12,421 Posts
    • 11,822 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    Hi,

If the county court judgement was for £2 a month, then that will be "the amount outstanding" the court refers too.

It would also depend how many months in arrears you are with the court judgement, but basically if you pay the payments set by the court, by Sept 29th, all will be well.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 10-09-2017 at 1:15 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 10th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    • 11,517 Posts
    • 8,651 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    The N245 you used could both suspend the warrant and vary the order.

If you didn't use it to vary the order then the original instalments remain. Just bring them up to date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,132Posts Today

4,612Users online

Martin's Twitter