Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • charoniv
    • By charoniv 10th Sep 17, 12:55 PM
    • 86Posts
    • 25Thanks
    charoniv
    Train car park - difficult to get season ticket
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:55 PM
    Train car park - difficult to get season ticket 10th Sep 17 at 12:55 PM
    Recently started commuting again.
    Easiest way to get a parking ticket is via RingGo but they only offer daily prices at £8.50.
    Managed to get to the ticket office this w/end and a monthly is £115.00. That's 13-14 days plus you get weekends.

Seems a bit of a scam as it's difficult to find the season ticket price, it's not available apart from at the ticket office (so the man said) which is rarely open.

I found the price by looking at the ticket on another car so found it was worth the trip to get it. There are very few cars with tickets though so I think most are paying the daily price unless I've missed something.
    The train ticket is easy to get online.
Page 1
    • es5595
    • By es5595 10th Sep 17, 1:18 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    es5595
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:18 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:18 PM
    If I had £115 to spend and bought daily tickets at £8.50 a day that would buy me 13 daily tickets (technically 13.5, but I'm not sure they'd sell a half ticket!).

The OP is pointing out how much better value it is to buy a monthly season!
    • laird
    • By laird 12th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    laird
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    Assuming its a railway company operated car park it should be possible to purchase from any open ticket office just as if its any other rail ticket.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

888Posts Today

6,609Users online

Martin's Twitter