Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 10th Sep 17, 11:28 AM
    • 740Posts
    • 189Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Sky TV
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:28 AM
    Sky TV 10th Sep 17 at 11:28 AM
    Looking online the price for Sky original is £22 but when I was speaking to Sky through chat, the person said they had special deal for £15 (per month).

Is this normal and would this deal expire?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Sep 17, 1:06 PM
    • 1,049 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:06 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:06 PM
    All deals expire, just make doubly sure that you're comparing apples to apples.
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 10th Sep 17, 1:40 PM
    • 740 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:40 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 1:40 PM
    Happy they offer better deals through chat but why are they different in prices online and chat?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 8,217 Posts
    • 4,891 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 10th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    Happy they offer better deals through chat but why are they different in prices online and chat?
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    The offers, reduction on several packages, including tv,are on the website so nothing to do with a chat deal.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 1,049 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    They have targets to meet and different offers available to reach those targets, you just got lucky.
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 11th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    • 740 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    I have phone and BB with VM and do not want to change provider. Can I still get Sky TV Original (without interfering with my phone & BB)?

Thanks
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 11th Sep 17, 4:34 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:34 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 4:34 PM
    Sky TV is independent of Virgin so yes you can have Virgin for phone and internet and Sky for TV, if that's what you want.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th Sep 17, 8:36 AM
    • 1,049 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:36 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:36 AM
    I have phone and BB with VM and do not want to change provider. Can I still get Sky TV Original (without interfering with my phone & BB)?

Thanks
    As said you can but it's an expensive way of getting it. What is it you're looking for? If it's Sky Atlantic then you'd be better of getting a Now TV box. John Lewis are selling them for £35 complete with a 3 month entertainment pass and you'll possibly find better deals than that around. Try your local Asda for instance.

Edit: sorry, just noticed you don't have TV with Virgin.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,364Posts Today

8,360Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin