Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 10th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 742Posts
    • 189Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Permitted work
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    Permitted work 10th Sep 17 at 11:09 AM
    I know permitted work can be done on ESA but can this go against ESA and reassessment?

Thanks
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 10th Sep 17, 11:20 AM
    • 1,202 Posts
    • 2,551 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:20 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:20 AM
    It will not go against you, but it will be taken into account. For instance, if you claim to have a bad back but you work in a job that requires lifting and carrying, that will raise questions. If you claim to be agoraphobic and never leave the house, but then take a job in retail again that may raise a doubt.

If you're honest in your ESA50, that you are making steps towards getting better but you are still limited in what you can do, then it will not cause an issue.
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 10th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 18,840 Posts
    • 82,729 Thanks
    pipkin71
    • 10th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    It never went against my award when I was doing permitted work.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

2,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin