Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • venom6868
    • By venom6868 10th Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    venom6868
    Easyjet rejected claim - overbooked flight
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    Easyjet rejected claim - overbooked flight 10th Sep 17 at 10:53 AM
    Hello I really need some assistance with an issue I am having with easyjet.

At the end of July my Wife and I planned a last minute trip to Portugal from Gatwick with easyjet, my wife is expecting our first child so this was an important trip for us and she was was quite heavily pregnant at the time.

Upon arriving at gatwick we were told the flight was overbooked and we did not have SEATS!!! we were told to go to the gate and wait to see if nobody showed for their flights, a terrible experience, we were made to feel like it was our fault this had happened!

To cut the story short after returning to check in I was told to wait in the que for customer services 3 hours of queuing no offer of a seat for my wife, I was told there were no flights available for 5 days, from any airport in England or Scotland with easyjet and I was on my own. I was told I could pay for my own flights with another airline and easyjet would refund the costs as long as I kept the invoices.

I spoke to a travel agent at Gatwick and they advised of a flight from Heathrow leaving in 3 hours with a 4 hour stop off in cork total journey time of some 8 hours, a lot more than the original planned 2 hours. this would be at a cost of £600 each.

Not wanting to miss out on the holiday, and my wife being adamant she wanted to go as our lives are about to change forever we bought the tickets, I checked all comparison websites for flight are there were none available for at least 5 days.

We got a cab to LHR from LGW, paid for flights, bought food during our wait, and paid for new transfers all of which I claimed back from easyjet on my return.

Easyjet initially said they could not find my booking, I emailed them the information they requested and after a month they have responded stating they will pay the expenses but not the flight;

"Further to our initial reply we can again confirm that you are not entitled to the reimbursement of any expenses you have claimed under EU Regulation 261/2004.

Please see a breakdown of your claim below and the reasons for non-payment.

1) Alternate Carrier to the Destination: £1,200 (Flights available within 48 hours)
    "

They have stated they will pay me the expenses I incurred, but not the flights because there was an alternative flight within 48 hours.

This is not what I was told at "customer Services" at LGW, I was offered a flight after my return date 5 days later, nothing else at all. nothing in writing, I was told all the notes had been put in the system.

I am so mad that this can happen.

Please can someone give some advice on how to progress this, I am considering the Small Claims route as I have had enough of this faffing around.
Page 1
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 10th Sep 17, 11:16 AM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:16 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:16 AM
    Please re-post on the Easyjet thread
    • JPears
    • By JPears 10th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    As I asked you to on the other forum board. Posting your personal thread makes it very difficult to help people.
    Also download Vauban's superb guide. Your answers will found there.
    And read EJ thread, perhaps latest 10 pages. You will see that EJ are quite frankly one of the worst offenders for misinforming, some would say lying, to customers.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • venom6868
    • By venom6868 10th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    venom6868
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    As I asked you to on the other forum board. Posting your personal thread makes it very difficult to help people.
    Also download Vauban's superb guide. Your answers will found there.
    And read EJ thread, perhaps latest 10 pages. You will see that EJ are quite frankly one of the worst offenders for misinforming, some would say lying, to customers.
    Originally posted by JPears
    Thank you for the information, can i delete this thread?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,227Posts Today

8,292Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iamemmahill: After watching @MartinSLewis I rang my provider & asked them to recalculate my bill &it has gone from £81 to £51 a month.S?

• Seriously? How is this supporting Uber... IT'S A POLL! I do em ever day on topical subjects. And I've never promote? https://t.co/JrlxaoNLlY

• RT @Mum2DDSophie: @MartinSLewis Thanks for your advice! I have easily switched from Extra Energy standard tariff to another supplier and wi?

• Follow Martin