Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alexanderalexander
    • By alexanderalexander 10th Sep 17, 9:38 AM
    • 286Posts
    • 160Thanks
    alexanderalexander
    Where can I get a fully hard-wired burglar alarm kit?
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:38 AM
    Where can I get a fully hard-wired burglar alarm kit? 10th Sep 17 at 9:38 AM
    I'd like a simple hard-wired burglar alarm installed (I'm getting the house fully refurbhished so no point messing around with batteries, or with dodgy wireless connections between the sensors and the alarm).

All the simple kits I can find online (Yale etc.) seem to be battery-operated and wireless however. Can anyone recommend a kit? I am after a very simple traditional one (keypad code by the front door, nothing app-controlled or anything like that).
Page 1
    • Jonesya
    • By Jonesya 10th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 819 Thanks
    Jonesya
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    https://www.alertelectrical.com/alarms-and-cctv/burglar-alarms-systems.html

As a DIYer I fitted a Scantronic 9448 which was a nice simple panel, 7 zones, easy to setup. You can get them with either local or remote keypads.

For the bell, if you've seen those high-viz bells, the back lit ones that glow at night - Deltabell
    https://www.alertelectrical.com/pyronix-deltabell-plus-external-live-bellbox-with-cover.html
    Last edited by Jonesya; 10-09-2017 at 9:52 AM.
    • alexanderalexander
    • By alexanderalexander 10th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    alexanderalexander
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    Thank you for the reply. Could I ask, does the remote keypad need batteries or is that hard-wired too?
    • brightontraveller
    • By brightontraveller 11th Sep 17, 3:33 PM
    • 1,326 Posts
    • 514 Thanks
    brightontraveller
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:33 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:33 PM
    https://www.alertelectrical.com/alarms-and-cctv/burglar-alarms-systems/complete-burglar-alarm-systems-kits/texecom_hard_wired.html

Texecom available at most electrical wholesalers will do what you require there simple to install, tend to keep manufacturing item/spares for years with most newer items also being backwards compatible you may not want that now the future maybe different? You can cheaply add heat , smoke, fire etc
    If hard wiring run two cables to each sensor point the cost is tiny compared to future potential benefits?

Remote sensor can be bought either battery or hard wired but if you hard wire the rest hard wire the remote keypad
    Last edited by brightontraveller; 11-09-2017 at 3:36 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,015Posts Today

8,278Users online

Martin's Twitter