Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 9th Sep 17, 11:42 PM
    • 59,076Posts
    • 41,869Thanks
    soolin
    my first neg in a few years
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:42 PM
    my first neg in a few years 9th Sep 17 at 11:42 PM
    The one downside of my increased sales is the increase in issues, my latest appears to be a veiled attempt at a refund without return from a European buyer.

The purchased item was from a very successful MVL of mine, size of widget is stated and lots of photos are available. Buyer sends a rather aggressive and rude email saying it's 'too small' and not at all the size it appears in the photos.

I respond both via email and also to cover myself I respond via ebay messages and make reference to his email, offering a full refund on return - but (and perhaps foolishly) I do refer him to my listing where size is clearly stated - in fact I reference it as it is a popular item and the size I have is the rarer more sought after size.

As soon as I send the message through ebay he leaves me a neg- but unfortunately he refers to the item being worthless and a waste of money- so nothing in the neg that falls foul of the ebay removal rules.

I've spoken to ebay, got the usual - reach out and try and work this through with the buyer. I ask how I can do that when I've already offered a full refund on return, and CS rep doesn't know. CS don't think I have grounds to have the neg removed, but has referred it to the removal team who will get back to me.

Buyer has less than 40 feedback, and has left less than 10 feedback in return, all but one of which were negs.

I am honestly so fed up with these blasted buyers who try blackmailing sellers that I can't even stress about having lost my perfect feedback with a big ugly red dot. I'll wear it with pride and just think bad thoughts about the buyer_ I am certainly not going to play games and give in to implied blackmail and give a full refund without the item being returned.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • southerly
    • By southerly 10th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    southerly
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    Maybe if they see how many negs they have left that will help your case for removal? I have recently got my first ever negative, but think I may be heading for another in a similar situation, sold an 80s cassette radio as 'spares or repair only' as cassette function was faulty, buyer has asked for a refund without mentioning returning it, says the radio doesn't work (it was well packaged, so why would it stop working right now after 30 years?) but the funny part is claiming 'the original valves' have been 'replaced with electrical circuits'. It is nowhere near old or bulky enough to have valves in it! I see they have never sold, only bought so I am expecting the worst, I am also insisting on a return.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    • 25,664 Posts
    • 10,200 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    Can you still respond to feedback?

If so respond with... buyer thinks that the xxcm should be bigger than xxcm ?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    Can you still respond to feedback?

If so respond with... buyer thinks that the xxcm should be bigger than xxcm ?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    I will definitely be doing something like that next week. At the moment I'm waiting on the very long chance that eBay will consider removing it.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Annie35
    • By Annie35 10th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Annie35
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    there's the ocassional forum thread on ebay which suggests seller has had a neg removed as the buyer hasnt attempted to use the returns process (thus not giving seller a chance to rectify)

could try again on that angle (though id not necessarily agree that's a correct 'blanket' policy but worth a go yourself)
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    there's the ocassional forum thread on ebay which suggests seller has had a neg removed as the buyer hasnt attempted to use the returns process (thus not giving seller a chance to rectify)

could try again on that angle (though id not necessarily agree that's a correct 'blanket' policy but worth a go yourself)
    Originally posted by Annie35
    That's why they are reviewing it apparently , but I'm not holding my breath.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 10th Sep 17, 11:58 PM
    • 4,791 Posts
    • 18,607 Thanks
    FatVonD
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:58 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:58 PM
    I think you should mention that the buyer only leaves negs in your reply.
    Lunches brought to work in September 6/20 Money saved to date £13.07 (compared to spending three pounds on a meal deal.)

Make £10 a day in September £288.05/£300 (August£223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54)
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 11th Sep 17, 8:07 AM
    • 15,173 Posts
    • 20,624 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 11th Sep 17, 8:07 AM
    I think you should respond with:

"sorry to see you have been unlucky with so many of your purchases. Please return for refund"
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • soolin
    • By soolin 11th Sep 17, 8:07 AM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    Yay, thank you ebay. The appeals department at ebay emailed me today to say they can see I offered a resolution both before and after the neg was left and that buyer never responded - and my neg has been removed.

They do go on to say in very round about language though, that this was a one off and I need to consider improving my buyers experience , and then give me a list of things I need to do which includes making sure all my listings have free post and they all ofer 30 day returns plus- and this one was highlighted, that I offer same or next day dispatch! Up until about 10 days ago I did offer 1 day dispatch but had to switch to 3 days just to cover the 'lates' the system gave me due to RM not uploading delivery conformation on time.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 11th Sep 17, 9:24 AM
    • 782 Posts
    • 938 Thanks
    olgadapolga
    a list of things I need to do which includes making sure all my listings have free post and they all offer 30 day returns plus- and this one was highlighted, that I offer same or next day dispatch!
    Originally posted by soolin
    None of which would have made your buyer happy anyway. I do wish that Ebay wouldn't keep trotting out the same, pointless list of buyer experience improvements. It makes them look pretty daft, in my opinion.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 11th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    None of which would have made your buyer happy anyway. I do wish that Ebay wouldn't keep trotting out the same, pointless list of buyer experience improvements. It makes them look pretty daft, in my opinion.
    Originally posted by olgadapolga
    I agree, I can't see what possible difference offering free postage (which I do on most of my items anyway) would make to a buyer determined to leave negs for everyone. Also, I had a 30 day returns policy, and offered a return to the buyer- which he ignored, so the ebay advice was pointless. Until the ebay system decided to start penalising sellers for RM delays in updating delivery confirmations I also offered 1 day dispatch- and it was 2 different ebay reps that told me to switch it to 3 days to save my account from a warning for 'lates' due to a known issue on ebay.
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,586Posts Today

9,253Users online

Martin's Twitter