Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • touchmyflop
    • By touchmyflop 9th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    touchmyflop
    CSB Solicitors - LCB? Ignore? Or Respond
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    CSB Solicitors - LCB? Ignore? Or Respond 9th Sep 17 at 10:30 PM
    Hello,

I am very new to dealing with these parking charge notices and after reading the advice on this forum, decided to ignore all correspondence from the company trying to get me to pay.

I have today received this letter from CSB Solicitors and am unsure on the next action to take, I have tried to read and decide for myself but am finding it difficult to decide what this letter actually is.

I would really appreciate advice on the next steps to take. Should I continue to ignore?

h ttps://ibb.co/dqnRta

h ttps://ibb.co/iXOVmv
Page 1
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 9th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    • 5,689 Posts
    • 7,158 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    You did not read IGNORE advice on this forum.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    • 33,248 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    https://ibb.co/dqnRta

https://ibb.co/iXOVmv

These are debt collectors letters

You can ignore debt collectors

See:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Sep 17, 11:08 PM
    • 15,508 Posts
    • 24,227 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:08 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:08 PM
    I am very new to dealing with these parking charge notices and after reading the advice on this forum, decided to ignore all correspondence from the company trying to get me to pay.
    Why, after almost 5 years since the law changed to make ignoring a very bad option, do people come on here suggesting that they have received current advice to ignore a private parking charge notice? Making it up as some kind of excuse? Why?

There is no way that any current poster has received this advice from this (or any other creditable) forum. Where did you get 'ignore' from @touchmyflop?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • touchmyflop
    • By touchmyflop 9th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    touchmyflop
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    Okay, I read a lot of posts (not sure when they were dated) suggesting that ignoring was an option.

I am not claiming it as an excuse, there is simply a lot of information to digest for someone who is new to this and have therefore come here to seek advice.

If ignoring IS a bad option, I was hoping to be steered in the right direction.

Where/what should I be reading or doing in specific relation to this letter as I am not sure what it is.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Sep 17, 11:21 PM
    • 4,477 Posts
    • 2,796 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:21 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:21 PM
    Where/what should I be reading or doing in specific relation to this letter as I am not sure what it is.
    Originally posted by touchmyflop
    Re-read post #3.

That gave you the correct advice in relation to that letter.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Sep 17, 11:26 PM
    • 15,508 Posts
    • 24,227 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:26 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:26 PM
    Okay, I read a lot of posts (not sure when they were dated) suggesting that ignoring was an option.
    You must check dates of any advice before following it. Finding 'comfort' in any advice, despite its age, which makes it 'easy', is no better than adopting the ostrich position - head in the sand, but 4rse end totally exposed.

You seem to now be at the debt collector stage, please see the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4 about how to deal with debt collectors - essentially ignore (but not the same as ignoring the original PCN).

Ignoring a NtK opens you more up to a court case against you. But you're not there yet, so no need to panic, but now use your time more profitably by reading thoroughly (not skimming then complaining it's too complicated) the newbies sticky.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • touchmyflop
    • By touchmyflop 9th Sep 17, 11:50 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    touchmyflop
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:50 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:50 PM
    Finding 'comfort' in any advice, despite its age, which makes it 'easy', is no better than adopting the ostrich position - head in the sand, but 4rse end totally exposed.
    (not skimming then complaining it's too complicated)
    Just to be clear, I'm not doing any of these things, I started a thread because I was unsure how to proceed in relation to this letter specifically. Thought it best to seek advice from people who knew more than I did rather than waste my time going down the wrong avenue (i.e. setting up a reply as I thought this to be a LCB from what I had read, again, it is a lot to digest for a new person).
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    • 51,511 Posts
    • 65,127 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    S&K Car Park Management are not big players among the parking cowboy scum industry; just count the court papers they have ever served, according to BMPA stats:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/S_and_K_Car_Park_Management.html

''Our recommendation for this operator: Ignore but keep paperwork. Small operator who does everything in-house, including ignoring appeals.''

Not exactly a shining example of a professional firm, nor a legal bigshot. No worries about such companies.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,591Posts Today

10,712Users online

Martin's Twitter