Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • benidorm59
    • By benidorm59 9th Sep 17, 10:20 PM
    • 92Posts
    • 32Thanks
    benidorm59
    NOW Pensions
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:20 PM
    NOW Pensions 9th Sep 17 at 10:20 PM
    Has anybody had any dealings with NOW pensions. My cousin is trying to cash in a small pension under 2k, they have given him final figure but seem to be stalling with the pay out. Any advice please
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 9th Sep 17, 11:17 PM
    • 89,502 Posts
    • 54,962 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:17 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:17 PM
    Has anybody had any dealings with NOW pensions
    yes they have.

My cousin is trying to cash in a small pension under 2k, they have given him final figure but seem to be stalling with the pay out.
    They are sluggish. Have been for a while. They will get round to it in the end.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • benidorm59
    • By benidorm59 10th Sep 17, 11:06 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    benidorm59
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:06 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:06 AM
    Is it worth ringing them and chasing it. Not much money but his son is getting married March and he wants to help them with their new house.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 89,502 Posts
    • 54,962 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    Is it worth ringing them and chasing it. Not much money but his son is getting married March and he wants to help them with their new house.
    Originally posted by benidorm59
    Always worth a chase at fortnightly intervals. If it gets beyond 6 weeks, then make a formal complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • benidorm59
    • By benidorm59 10th Sep 17, 11:46 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    benidorm59
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:46 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:46 AM
    Thanks it has been a few months now but he hasn't chased it properly, would you know the address or person to write to please. Thing is they are charging him to administer this pension as well and it has lost more money then he put and his employer put in
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 10th Sep 17, 12:19 PM
    • 22,881 Posts
    • 13,241 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:19 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:19 PM
    https://www.nowpensions.com/help-centre/faqs/contact-details/employee-complaints-process
    • IanSt
    • By IanSt 10th Sep 17, 12:40 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    IanSt
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:40 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:40 PM
    Make sure your cousin rings them rather than writing them a letter which could get lost or take them ages to respond to. Depending on how the call goes he could then follow on with a letter if it proves necessary.
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 10th Sep 17, 4:39 PM
    • 2,331 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:39 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:39 PM
    My personal experience of them is basically what Dunstonh said ....

they'll get round to sorting you ... one day. It wont be any day soon but it'll be one day in the future. Might be a month, might be two months, who knows.

They're painful.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

3,202Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin