Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Hylz84x
    • By Hylz84x 9th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    House equity help
    • #1
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    House equity help 9th Sep 17 at 8:45 PM
    Hi, I am looking for some advice please. I have a very poor credit rating, no ccj's or bankcrupts thought. I am looking to pay off some debt and replace the windows and doors in our home. I have £150,000 of a mortgage left and my house is worth £235,000. Does anyone know if I can release some equity from my property or what is the best thing to do?

Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 9th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • 10,324 Posts
    • 4,085 Thanks
    • #2
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • #2
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    Yes, you can in all likelihood, subject to affordability.

    Consult a good mortgage broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,045Posts Today

8,395Users online

Martin's Twitter