Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jakb1994
    • By Jakb1994 9th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jakb1994
    Letting agents & credit checks
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    Letting agents & credit checks 9th Sep 17 at 8:32 PM
    Hi all,

I'm looking to move into my own place early next year and was just wondering what type of credit check is ran by letting agents I.E a public search or a full one?

I don't have the best credit rating (this is something I'm working on and it's improving) and a couple of missed credit card payments and phone contracts. I've got savings and a full time job earning 1,200 a month and a deposit of 3-6 months rent up front depending on rent pcm I'll also have my partner on tenancy, am I likely to get approved? As long as I'm honest and upfront about it

Tia
Page 1
    • aneary
    • By aneary 9th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 751 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    aneary
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    They can only run public checks.

I wouldn't even mention any missed payments they won't be able to access this.

Typically they will want an employer reference and possibly (one agent did one didn't with me) a previous LL reference.

Your rent shouldn't exceed your gross annual salary divided by 30.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

298Posts Today

1,553Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin