Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stegsie
    • By stegsie 9th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    stegsie
    CCJ - Variation of amount
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    CCJ - Variation of amount 9th Sep 17 at 6:47 PM
    Evening all

After 10 years of paying off a substantial amount of money to all our creditors via a DMP we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

One of the debts we have is a CCJ that was set by the court (and paid every month for 10 years since) at around £35 a month. To put that figure in context we are paying over 10 times that amount to the other creditors in total. As we are approaching the end of all the other debts I really don't want the money we pay to the other creditors (the £350+) to go to the CCJ payment (I now that sounds daft, but they put us through hell getting that CCJ against us and would not listen to any of our reasoning or pleading.) I don't want to pay them a penny more than the CCJ has set.

My question is - once the other debts are paid how easy is it for the CCJ to be reviewed by the creditor and or the court so they can reset it to a much higher amount to pay off sooner? Can they do this or are they just going to have to get what the CCJ says until it's paid off?
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    • 11,905 Posts
    • 11,402 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    Hi,

The judgement stays at that amount unless either you, or the creditor, challenge it.

You would be asked to fill in a new budget most likely, just make sure your budget shows £35 available per month to pay it.

After ten years its not going to be changed now.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,364Posts Today

7,847Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin