Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hayleymc93
    • By Hayleymc93 9th Sep 17, 6:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hayleymc93
    Received court letter for parking fine but I HAVE the ticket! Help please
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:04 PM
    Received court letter for parking fine but I HAVE the ticket! Help please 9th Sep 17 at 6:04 PM
    Hi

I am wondering if somebody can help me please...

In June I parked in a pay & display and paid for my ticket and placed it on my dashboard however upon closing the door it must have blown over as it was torrential wind & rain. WHen I returned to my vehicle several hours later I noticed the ticket was on the passenger seat but I thought it was from entering the vehicle as the weather was still awful. I broke 2 umbrellas on this date the first on the way to the pay machine several meters away from my parked car just to give you and idea of how strong the wind was! Anyway I received a letter a few weeks later with a parking fine and I ran out to my car and managed to find the correct ticket with the date on to appeal. However I never got round to it as I was moving house, changing job, and dealing with some personal issues also so I completely forgot to appeal this! It is now September and I have just received some mail from my old landlord from my previous address and have had several letters from ES Parking Enforcement threatening court action, and one from Gladstones solicitors with a court letter from Northampton. This was dated the 4th September and it is now the 7th I am unsure as to what to do as I don't even understand what the letter is saying. I have found the original letter from ES Parking and the ticket that I had out in the envelope with it and I have tried to go onto their website with the reference number to appeal and attach photos of the ticket however it is saying they do not recognise the reference and I cannot find an email address for them or for this Gladstones Court place either. I do not want to ring them as I feel intimidated by these threatening letters and do not want to be told I have to pay as I can't afford to. Plus I actually have the original ticket to prove that I did pay for my parking it just fell off the dashboard!!! The parking attendant could clearly see that it was on the seat he was just being a jobsworth as he has given me sticker previously for a face down ticket that was completely visible with the date and time dispite being face down! I appealed this immediately via their website and received no further correspondence from them so assumed that was cancelled. That is why as soon I received a second letter I went and found the ticket as when I seen it on the seat I wasn't sure if it was from leaving or coming back to my car so I kept hold of it.

Does anybody have any advice on what I can do now as I just want to email the correct person a picture of the ticket so that they can see I have paid and cancel this threatening court letter as I do not want to have the worry and stress of bailiffs coming to my house!

Thankyou in advance any help is appreciated as I do not understand all the legal technicalities.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Sep 17, 6:10 PM
    • 15,432 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:10 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:10 PM
    Paragraphs please.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Go there now and read up on court claims. They are covered from the initial claim form you have just received. Your urgent task is to submit an AOS to Court. All covered in the FAQ

If you truly don't understand the form from the court you need to get help. Consider asking the CAB if you have no personal friend to help.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-09-2017 at 9:39 PM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    • 6,333 Posts
    • 8,144 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    Hayleymc93

YOU MUST format your post so others can read it properly

While you are doing this, rest assured that the parking cowboys
    are simply vermin and they simply CANNOT instruct bailiffs

Get your formatting sorted and you will get help
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 10:58 PM
    • 51,473 Posts
    • 65,061 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:58 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:58 PM
    Please break your post into paragraphs, or no-one else will read it, now or later!

You have a court claim. You can't just appeal and show the ticket now.

You need to read the claim properly and understand what you need to do to defend this - and yes, you will need to go to a hearing at your local county court (think Judge Rinder!). Almost every poster we help here wins, but only by a real effort to understand what to do and when.

I worry that you don't even understand that you have a court claim, and can't just 'appeal' and make it go away.

When you have calmed down and read the claim, not panicked and decided you don't understand what it says (yes, you do when you read it) please read post '2 of the NEWBIES thread.

Please, no reply saying you want the NEWBIES thread explained/re-written because you don't understand it. If you are to win this, you MUST understand the process. There will be NO BAILIFFS but don't put it off, and no ignoring this.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

315Posts Today

1,714Users online

Martin's Twitter