Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 9th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 10,531Posts
    • 21,773Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    What is happening to Lloyds Bank!!
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    What is happening to Lloyds Bank!! 9th Sep 17 at 5:30 PM
    Went in to Lloyds bank this morning to set up a SO.

Went to the cashier and she said I had to go to the guy at the front desk to do it as she has to keep free to serve cash customers.

What!!!

The bank was empty apart from a customer who had a problem with her account being dealt with by the guy at the front desk.

So I had to stand there and wait while the cashier sat there doing nothing.

I was complaining to my husband and said I hoped I would get another survey call from Lloyds, with that another cashier came out from the back and said she would open up and do it for me.

She acted like she was doing me a huge favour. It took her all of a minute to do while the other cashier just sat there with no customers.

What a strange way to run a bank.
Page 1
    • stuartJo1989
    • By stuartJo1989 9th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    stuartJo1989
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    Maybe it is a policy of theirs? I've worked in companies in the past which have policies to help workflows at pinch-points throughout the day, but which otherwise look ridiculous when it is quiet.

Sometimes you'd actually get into trouble for breaking the policy and helping the customer in a manner you describe, even if it makes perfect sense! Sometimes its not worth risking your job just to do the right thing for a customer.

I would recommend that you move on with your life and refrain from losing any sleep over this.
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 9th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 1,913 Thanks
    giraffe69
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    Or perhaps use online banking to set up your SO?
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 9th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    • 26,014 Posts
    • 32,906 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    Consider yourself lucky you actually have a branch in your town. There won't be any soon, that's why I transferred out into a building society.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 10th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 1,913 Thanks
    giraffe69
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    • 10th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    The reduction in number of branches is because more and more do their banking online. Even if you receive cheques to pay in there are now machines. Real estate is expensive and even your building society will do the same in due course. There will always be those who find the technology tough but that number declines each year and those who refuse to use it which in due course will be tough!
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 10th Sep 17, 4:36 PM
    • 3,576 Posts
    • 2,657 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:36 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 4:36 PM
    Went in to Lloyds bank this morning to set up a SO.

Went to the cashier and she said I had to go to the guy at the front desk to do it as she has to keep free to serve cash customers.

What!!!

The bank was empty apart from a customer who had a problem with her account being dealt with by the guy at the front desk.

So I had to stand there and wait while the cashier sat there doing nothing.

I was complaining to my husband and said I hoped I would get another survey call from Lloyds, with that another cashier came out from the back and said she would open up and do it for me.

She acted like she was doing me a huge favour. It took her all of a minute to do while the other cashier just sat there with no customers.

What a strange way to run a bank.
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    But a cash customer could have come in at any time and had to wait while you were dealt with.

Have you ever taken one item to the under 10 counter in the supermarket and had to to wait in line while somebody went through with 2o items?

Rather defeats the purpose of having a desk to provide quick service.
    • takman
    • By takman 10th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 2,623 Posts
    • 2,179 Thanks
    takman
    • 10th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    If you wanted to setup the Standing Order then why wouldn't you just do it online instead of visiting a branch.

It quite ironic your complaining about having to wait when you have already wasted alot of time actually going into the branch to do it in the first place!.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,289Posts Today

8,496Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin