Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joirish
    • By joirish 9th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 17Thanks
    joirish
    9 - wks in & buyers changing mortgage provider!
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    9 - wks in & buyers changing mortgage provider! 9th Sep 17 at 4:45 PM
    Hi - sale was agreed on my house early July & mortgage survey done on 19th July. Process chugging along nicely (if a bit slow at times) and my conveyancers said last week we should all be able to hopefully exchange this coming week (11/9). However I get a phonecall from a surveyor on Fri at 3pm to arrange a mortgage survey on behalf of my buyers! Turns out they're applying for a new mortgage & so need a new survey. This is 9 weeks after sale was agreed - jas anyone else had this happen before ?

I'm worried now as I'm scared they might pull out this far into the process & in turn I could lose the house I'm buying. (I know nothing is certain until you have the keys in your hand but this is a fresh start post divorce for me & the kids and I want it all to go ahead).

Any advice / words of wisdom greatly received
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 9th Sep 17, 4:57 PM
    • 15,794 Posts
    • 8,092 Thanks
    ACG
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:57 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:57 PM
    When is the new valuation being carried out?
    Why have they changed lender?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • joirish
    • By joirish 9th Sep 17, 5:01 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    joirish
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:01 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:01 PM
    I've agreed to this weds the 13th (earliest they had an appt).
    Don't know why they've changed - hoping it's just for a better rate or maybe theirs expired .
    • ACG
    • By ACG 9th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 15,794 Posts
    • 8,092 Thanks
    ACG
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    They may still get the mortgage offer next week. I am not sure if you will manage to exchange before next weekend, but if not there is no reason I can see why it would not be a week on monday at the latest.

If solicitors do it right, you could end up completing a week on Friday - best case scenario.

I would try to find out why they have switched lenders, I would not be happy this far down the line if it is down to finding a better product.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • joirish
    • By joirish 9th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    joirish
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    Thanks - I'm even more annoyed because I'm on nights this week (joys of the NHS) & so will have hardly any sleep on weds between shifts to fit this in.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

293Posts Today

1,499Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin