Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MyUsername
    • By MyUsername 9th Sep 17, 4:08 PM
    • 58Posts
    • 12Thanks
    MyUsername
    Moved from DLA to PIP but claim was rejected
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:08 PM
    Moved from DLA to PIP but claim was rejected 9th Sep 17 at 4:08 PM
    I have been claiming DLA since I was 11 and I am now 24. They moved me from DLA to PIP but they rejected my claim. Its for Aspbergers and ADHD and the man who filled out the form didn't seem to know anything about either and its contains a lot of fake news and incorrect information.

I am obviously going to appeal it but I was wondering what are my chances of the appeal succeeding?
Page 1
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 9th Sep 17, 4:38 PM
    • 1,076 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    NeilCr
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:38 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:38 PM
    Who filled out the form?

So, you first have to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration/.

Be aware of the time limits. It may well be worth getting help with this from CAB or somewhere similar. It is unlikely that the decision will be overturned at this stage.

If it isn't you then appeal to an independent tribunal. The figures for the decision being changed here are much higher. There is an approximate 60% success rate though these figures can be skewed a bit depending on where you live. But, much more chance
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Sep 17, 5:38 PM
    • 1,702 Posts
    • 1,527 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:38 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:38 PM
    I have been claiming DLA since I was 11 and I am now 24. They moved me from DLA to PIP but they rejected my claim. Its for Aspbergers and ADHD and the man who filled out the form didn't seem to know anything about either and its contains a lot of fake news and incorrect information.

I am obviously going to appeal it but I was wondering what are my chances of the appeal succeeding?
    Originally posted by MyUsername
    Who filled the form out? Who ever filled the form (PIP2) out for you would only be going by the information that you told them. Do you have a copy of the assessment report? If you don't then i'd advice ring DWP and asking for a copy of this. As adviced by Neil get intouch with CAB they'll advice and help with writing the letter for the MR.
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 9th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 1,636 Thanks
    tomtom256
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    Possibly means the assessment report?
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 9th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    • 1,666 Posts
    • 3,441 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    Your needs will have changed a great deal since you were eleven, and it comes across that you are an intelligent young adult, capable of managing your finances (and helping others with theirs), driving and dealing with official bodies. Also travelling regularly to Ireland. What are your current care needs, have you looked at the descriptors to see which you feel you meet?
    Last edited by IAmWales; 09-09-2017 at 8:57 PM.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Sep 17, 10:59 PM
    • 1,702 Posts
    • 1,527 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:59 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by MyUsername
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Take a look at these PIP descriptors and see which ones apply to you.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,575Posts Today

9,799Users online

Martin's Twitter