Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emmahammer
    • By Emmahammer 9th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Emmahammer
    Any reduced rate loans for car purchases?
    • 9th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    Any reduced rate loans for car purchases? 9th Sep 17 at 3:56 PM
    Hi guys,

I've recently been scammed £2k online for a van that never was. I don't want to give up on my dream to be able to go places before it's too late. Doesn't anyone know if there are any discounted loans for WAV's?

Thanks in advance

Emma xox
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 1,200 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    Hi guys,

I've recently been scammed £2k online for a van that never was. I don't want to give up on my dream to be able to go places before it's too late. Doesn't anyone know if there are any discounted loans for WAV's?

Thanks in advance

Emma xox
    Originally posted by Emmahammer
    Never part with any money until you've seen a vehicle first, there's so many scammers out there especially online ones. You maybe better off posting over on the motoring section. Those on there would be more likely to advice you better on the loan question.
    • w06
    • By w06 9th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    w06
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    what's your budget?

When I bought mine I took a loan out with the bank that my current account is with. borrowed 7.5K with repayments less than my monthly PIP mobility payment over 3 years, and so monthly cost comparable to having a motability car except I'll still have it after 3 years hopefully
    • Ames
    • By Ames 9th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    • 16,262 Posts
    • 28,409 Thanks
    Ames
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    Reading your other posts, the 2k that was stolen came from a loan. You might struggle to pass credit checks to get a second loan before the first one is paid off.

If you claim the correct benefits then a motability car doesn't have credit checks. But you might struggle to afford it with other debts.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Reading the alphabet in 2017. 21/100
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    • w06
    • By w06 9th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    w06
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    also from your other post you still have £2k of the original loan? you could buy a passable van for that
    • w06
    • By w06 9th Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    w06
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:53 PM
    here you go, three wheel chair accessible renaults here for less than 2k http://www.wavcompare.com/search-results-used/?action=search&category_sid%5btree%5d%5b%5d=4&Cond ition%5bequal%5d=541&Sold%5bnot_equal%5d=1&sorting _fields%5bPrice%5d=ASC
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,975Posts Today

6,260Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin