Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maria farragher
    • By Maria farragher 9th Sep 17, 3:19 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Maria farragher
    Bank account without direct debit
    • 9th Sep 17, 3:19 PM
    Bank account without direct debit 9th Sep 17 at 3:19 PM
    I was wondering if there are any bank or building society accounts which would allow you to pay a monthly amount into them, then put same amount back by standing order into my original santander account. But one that doesn't require direct debit payments but does pay interest.
    The reason I ask is because I'm due a redundancy payment and would like to use it as wages until I'm able to find new employment.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 9th Sep 17, 3:27 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 9th Sep 17, 3:27 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 3:27 PM
    Nationwide Flexdirect pays 5% on up to £2500. No direct debits required but does require a minimum pay in of £1000 per month.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 9th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    • 22,881 Posts
    • 13,243 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    minimum pay in of £1000 per month.
    from a non Nationwide account to which it can be returned immediately if you wish.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 9th Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    • 2,296 Posts
    • 3,419 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    Also TSB - 3% on up to £1500 - £500 credit PCM - register for internet banking
    - opt for paperless statements & correspondence.

Depending how much capital you are talking about both TSB & NW have regular savers where you can drip feed monthly too.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

2,161Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin