Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wickers
    • By Wickers 9th Sep 17, 1:27 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wickers
    Inheritance Tax now in Internal Audit?
    • 9th Sep 17, 1:27 PM
    Inheritance Tax now in Internal Audit? 9th Sep 17 at 1:27 PM
    Hello,

We have now sold the deceased house.The house sold for £10,000 less than the estimate we originally gave to the HMRC so had to submit a CORRECTIVE ACCOUNT (FORMS C4 AND IHT38). Some other details had changed by about a £1000 hence form C4 also. The estate is a simple house and some savings to the value of about £380,000.

Three weeks after submitting the corrective account I have been told that it has now been sent for INTERNAL AUDIT and will 'take a while'.

Has anybody had this situation themselves whilst dealing with the inheritance tax and how much longer could this take?

Thanks .
Page 1
    • eddyinfreehold
    • By eddyinfreehold 11th Sep 17, 7:05 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    eddyinfreehold
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:05 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:05 AM
    Wickers

We received grant of probate on my late father's estate in late December 2016 following his death in February 2016. The house in the estate has been transferred on the Land Registry to my sister as part of an interim distribution but a large portion of the estate has been retained to allow for any corrections HMRC might make to any additional IHT liability. After 9 months we are still waiting to hear from them again and the estate business cannot be concluded and wound up. It is very frustrating.
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 11th Sep 17, 7:10 AM
    • 2,964 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:10 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 7:10 AM
    Hello,

We have now sold the deceased house.The house sold for £10,000 less than the estimate we originally gave to the HMRC so had to submit a CORRECTIVE ACCOUNT (FORMS C4 AND IHT38). Some other details had changed by about a £1000 hence form C4 also. The estate is a simple house and some savings to the value of about £380,000.

Three weeks after submitting the corrective account I have been told that it has now been sent for INTERNAL AUDIT and will 'take a while'.

Has anybody had this situation themselves whilst dealing with the inheritance tax and how much longer could this take?

Thanks .
    Originally posted by Wickers
    Nobody can tell you! HMR&C are a complete shambles. Complaining via your MP sems to be the only way to get any action.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin