Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andrewthomas2008
    • By andrewthomas2008 9th Sep 17, 11:41 AM
    • 130Posts
    • 24Thanks
    andrewthomas2008
    Fitting a new bathroom
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:41 AM
    Fitting a new bathroom 9th Sep 17 at 11:41 AM
    Hi All,

Im fiiting a new bathroom, I'm planning to buy a bath 2 hole shower mixer tap, a single hole basin sink mixer tap and acrylic bathroom front and end panels from either B&Q or Homebase.

I'm also planning to fit vinyl sheeting as opposed to vinyl tiling on the bathroom floor.

My budget is around £100 for both taps, do you guys have any suggestions on what taps to buy from either B&Q or Homebase or any other stores or sites that have good deals.

Thank you all for any advice given.
Page 1
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 9th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    • 23,971 Posts
    • 66,542 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    I wouldn't spend that little on a bath/shower mixer, let alone a sink tap as well.

You're best off going to a local plumber's merchant and asking them to sell you everything in one go and set the budget for them.

They'll be best placed to sell you reasonably priced contract range items that will last better than random imported rubbish from the internet.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • phill99
    • By phill99 9th Sep 17, 2:29 PM
    • 7,986 Posts
    • 7,224 Thanks
    phill99
    • 9th Sep 17, 2:29 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 2:29 PM
    As above. £100 will buy you the very cheapest 'contractors' taps. Spend three times that and it will make the difference.

Avoid B & Q. They are overpriced and poos service.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
    • JuzaMum
    • By JuzaMum 9th Sep 17, 5:10 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    JuzaMum
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:10 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:10 PM
    Homebase have recently changed ownership so are selling off lots of 'old branded' stuff at good prices. Two branches local to me have lots of bathroom taps reduced - worth a look.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

293Posts Today

1,499Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin