Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JamesFuller
    • By JamesFuller 9th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 57Posts
    • 55Thanks
    JamesFuller
    How is an existing Mortgage affected by changes in Work? Full time to Contracting
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    How is an existing Mortgage affected by changes in Work? Full time to Contracting 9th Sep 17 at 10:51 AM
    Hello,

Do you have to do anything if you change your employment from full-time, permanent employment to contracting?

I was just wondering how a mortgage is affected by going from full time work to contracting.

I will still be able to pay my mortgage but wondering if I have to do anything when making this type of change.
Page 1
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 9th Sep 17, 11:15 AM
    • 36,059 Posts
    • 152,305 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:15 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:15 AM
    No, no notification needed.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 9th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    • 10,041 Posts
    • 3,906 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 11:29 AM
    There is no requirement to inform an existing mortgage provider of a change in circumstances.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • JamesFuller
    • By JamesFuller 9th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    JamesFuller
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    Thank you both!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

15Posts Today

4,362Users online

Martin's Twitter