Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TINKERBELL20
    • By TINKERBELL20 9th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 6Thanks
    TINKERBELL20
    disabled parking bay
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:28 AM
    disabled parking bay 9th Sep 17 at 10:28 AM
    Hi I have received a parking charge notice from a private parking company for parking in a disabled space without displaying a valid disabled persons badge. The space parked in was no different to other spaces other than it had yellow lines instead of white. There were no chevrons painted along the sides. There was no wheelchair symbol painted in the space and no signs beside the space to say a blue badge had to be displayed. Is it worth appealing, the company is a member of IPC. On their terms and conditions board it states"marked disabled bays are for valid disabled blue badge holders only" Thank you for any help
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Sep 17, 12:37 AM
    • 50,584 Posts
    • 63,975 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'd use a parent and child space because they are a gimmick and I despise parents who think they have a *right* to a special bay (she says, mother of four). P&C bays are nothing, unlike properly marked disabled bays.

And yours wasn't one and nor is this a parking fine, so you still haven't had one. It's a scam.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• TINKERBELL20
    • By TINKERBELL20 23rd Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    TINKERBELL20
    Also mother of 4 but don't think I have a right to a special bay either. I do know how difficult it is to get child out of car seat in an ordinary bay and that is why I wouldn't use one unless I had one of my grandchildren.

Thank you for your reassuring comments.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 25th Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    • 7,640 Posts
    • 7,712 Thanks
    pogofish
    Hi Pogofish

I am probably" hung up" on it because I would never use a disabled space or other designated bay such as parent and child. I have never had a parking ticket or anything else in my 45 years of driving so I am quite worried about this.

I really appreciate all the help and advice from everyone.
    Originally posted by TINKERBELL20
    Then that's where you make a big mistake that only benefits the PPC - You need to stop being so worthy and see the PPCs for the sort of money-grubbing scum they are.

A PPC doesn't care who uses their spaces, they are only interested in the money they can make off the most ephemeral of "infringements" and there is strong anecdotal evidence that even genuinely disabled space users are amongst the biggest cash-cows of all to the PPCs who predate on them.

Parent and child spaces are even more unacceptable - utterly no validity whatsoever and the psychological construct of "Mom-Time" that underpins them means that any parent using a P&C space has willingly abrogated their responsibilities as a parent, thus rendering themselves unfit for the role.
    • TINKERBELL20
    • By TINKERBELL20 11th Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    TINKERBELL20
    Hi
    I contacted the landowners and my notice has been cancelled. I pointed out that the bays did not conform to current guidelines. They stated that the bays were designated disabled bays but were suspending them until a full investigation has been carried out with regard to my recommendations.

Will there be any point in contacting DVLA as I feel my details were released incorrectly.

Many thanks to everyone, you gave me the information and confidence to get this result.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 17, 8:52 PM
    • 15,995 Posts
    • 20,006 Thanks
    Redx
    its the first step along a long path for a DPA BREACH claim in the small claims court , should you wish to do so

you have 6 years to do this , after communicating with the DVLA and the ICO

been explained several times in other threads, should you wish to take it up
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,840Posts Today

9,647Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• This is a good brief summary of the evidence I have to the lords on the problems with our student finance system... https://t.co/LQqggZMlgH

• Follow Martin