Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cyberfruits
    • By cyberfruits 9th Sep 17, 6:34 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    cyberfruits
    Universalcredit identification
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:34 AM
    Universalcredit identification 9th Sep 17 at 6:34 AM
    Hi my wife and i are trying to claim universal credit but it is not working to identify us. We got driving licenses but it it insisted we use experian, we then filled out all details 100% correct including providing credit cards etc ( we know what is on our credit record as we use experian) but id got rejected. we are in the middle of moving and of course used the old address for the verify, and the new address for the universal credit claim, could this be the reason any body got any ideas? Thanks
Page 1
    • _shel
    • By _shel 9th Sep 17, 7:48 AM
    • 1,076 Posts
    • 1,830 Thanks
    _shel
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:48 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:48 AM
    Hi my wife and i are trying to claim universal credit but it is not working to identify us. We got driving licenses but it it insisted we use experian, we then filled out all details 100% correct including providing credit cards etc ( we know what is on our credit record as we use experian) but id got rejected. we are in the middle of moving and of course used the old address for the verify, and the new address for the universal credit claim, could this be the reason any body got any ideas? Thanks
    Originally posted by cyberfruits
    If you gave a different address where you are not on the electrol roll yet that will be it.
    Thanks to everyone who posts competitions
    • cyberfruits
    • By cyberfruits 9th Sep 17, 7:52 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    cyberfruits
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:52 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:52 AM
    that is the point i used the one where all my history is including electrol roll for experian id check as i still got both addresses
    • _shel
    • By _shel 9th Sep 17, 7:53 AM
    • 1,076 Posts
    • 1,830 Thanks
    _shel
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:53 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:53 AM
    Yes but the address doesn't match with the one you gave for your application.
    Thanks to everyone who posts competitions
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 9th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 9th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    Yes, whilst data matching is a useful tool for combating fraud, it isn't very clever when dealing with those who move - as even with rolling registration, the published paper Electoral Rolls are still only updated 3 or 4 times a year and some orgs still only check the annual full Register.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,132Posts Today

4,612Users online

Martin's Twitter