Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • funnymonkey
    • By funnymonkey 9th Sep 17, 5:57 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 2Thanks
    funnymonkey
    Can I transfer movies from my Mac mini to a new I pad
    • 9th Sep 17, 5:57 AM
    Can I transfer movies from my Mac mini to a new I pad 9th Sep 17 at 5:57 AM
    Good morning
    Can anyone please help me.
    I have an Apple mac mini where I have movies stored and I am thinking of buying an apple ipad mainly for watching movies at work but for other things too.
    Can anyone please advise can I transfer the movies from my Mac Mini to my new apple ipad when purchased via my usb port as I dont wish to buy the same movies already stored on the mac just to watch them on my ipad
    Thank you very much
Page 1
    • funnymonkey
    • By funnymonkey 9th Sep 17, 6:47 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    funnymonkey
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:47 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:47 AM
    P.S If not possible would it work transferring movies from mu Mac mini to an android tablet of kindle fire please?
    Thank you
    • datostar
    • By datostar 9th Sep 17, 7:48 AM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    datostar
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:48 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:48 AM
    If your movies are in mp4 or m4v format you can place them into iTunes on your Mac Mini then copy them to the iPad via USB. They will show up in 'Videos'. If they are currently in another format Handbrake (free Mac software) can convert them.
    • Undervalued
    • By Undervalued 9th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    • 3,112 Posts
    • 2,838 Thanks
    Undervalued
    • 9th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    Another option would be to copy to iCloud (or another cloud service such as Dropbox) then download them on the new iPad.
    • SouthUKMan
    • By SouthUKMan 9th Sep 17, 10:15 PM
    • 281 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    SouthUKMan
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:15 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:15 PM
    Assuming these are legal paid for download movies, then all you would need to do is set up your account (whether it's via iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, etc) on the new iPad and download the films again. All those marketplaces (and many others) allow you to download content onto multiple devices.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,797Posts Today

7,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin