Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wordsearch
    • By wordsearch 9th Sep 17, 1:19 AM
    • 90Posts
    • 28Thanks
    wordsearch
    Complaint about Thomas Cook - worst customer service I've ever received
    • 9th Sep 17, 1:19 AM
    Complaint about Thomas Cook - worst customer service I've ever received 9th Sep 17 at 1:19 AM
    I have wanted to vent all day about how appalling the customer service I received from the Thomas Cook call centre today was the whole day

We have had frequent problems with our Thomas Cook flight booking since first making it, however to be fair these issues have always been solved relatively quickly and the customer services team have been friendly. Until today!

I had a voicemail from them asking to call them about my flight tomorrow. So, I did. The first time I was on hold for about thirty minutes and was hung up on quite quickly as they said they couldn't hear me properly. Annoying, but fair enough, perhaps they couldn't actually hear me at all. I went back on hold for a second hour, and ended up in a long argument with who was definitely the rudest customer service representative I've ever had the misfortune of speaking with.

He took an instant dislike to me anyway, to which I did try and apologise. I stated that I understood that they were probably busy because of the hurricane and that I realise that that isn't their fault, and apologised if I sounded fed up but that I'd been on hold for a long time and I had quite a bad cold which always made me sound worse than I actually was. We immediately had a problem as he asked for my booking reference, and I asked if he was able to obtain it from my passport number, date of birth, phone number or anything else. "No, so I'm going to hang up now and you can call back again later when you've got it." We argued about this for a few minutes, but luckily somewhere in that time I managed to get hold of it. He immediately replied with, "Well if you've been on hold for so long, why didn't you go and get it, what were you doing during all that time?" I was at work, and the voicemail said to call immediately, so I did...

Once that was settled, he didn't seem to want to tell me what the call was actually about. He kept saying "Well, I don't know, I didn't call you, why would I know what it's about?" Well, SOMEONE at Thomas Cook called me, and SOMEONE asked me to call this number. I'm now calling this number, can you not check the system to find out what it is because I have no idea, probably the hurricane? "Fine, but I'll put you on hold for another thirty minutes, that's alright isn't it?" ....

As expected, the flight was cancelled. (I sort of wish they'd said that in the voicemail as it would have saved a lot of stress, but there you go) However, this wasn't that simple either. The man used some odd phrasing so I thought I misunderstood. His words were, "Your flight tomorrow is cancelled. You have two choices. You can cancel the flight and get a refund, or you can move it." I clarified this as I thought I must have misheard, as how could I cancel the flight if it was already cancelled? To this he began talking to me like I was very stupid, saying, "Okay, let me break this down really simply so that you can understand it," then repeated what he'd already said extremely slowly and patronisingly. This lead to more drama as I didn't have the credit card I'd used on me to get a refund - sure, perhaps annoying, but I didn't know the flight was cancelled, I was just returning the call. I also don't work in an office, I work for the emergency services and so don't happen to have all of my posessions lying around near me.

By the end of the conversation this guy was being such a douche and talking down to me as much as it was possible to do so. I asked for his name, and he absolutely refused to provide it and we ended up in an argument about it. I asked to speak to a manager and he said, "Why, just because you don't like that I've not told you what you want to hear?" No, that wasn't the problem at all - I half expected the flight to be cancelled and had a backup plan waiting to be put into action, but I DO have a problem with someone being so completely rude and unprofessional to me when it's already an upsetting situation. At one point he even said, "Okay, would you like me to put you through to my direct supervisor?" Yes please. "Well, I'm not going to." More going in circles trying to get his name and eventually he just hung up on me.

I have never spoken to someone so rude and patronising and had someone talk down to me so much over what should have been a fairly simple transaction. I was never able to get his name or get put through to anyone (and of course got to spend a fortune on their phoneline just to be repeatedly insulted) and don't think I can recall a time a phone conversation has left me so angry! I want to complain to Thomas Cook but their complaints number appears to be the exact same one that this delightful man works for, so what would the point be in that...

Anyway, just wanted to get that out I suppose
Page 3
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 11th Sep 17, 7:13 AM
    • 518 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    No it's not, and if you're the kind of idiot that shouts at call centre staff you're an idiot.

I had no time for people like that, I was there to help people not be abused.
    Originally posted by mattyprice4004
    Who said it was ok to shout or abuse people. The OP never mentions any of that. Lets stick to the facts and drop the drama. They are there to deal with customers that may be challenging that's what I meant. And if they can not do that then they are stupid or an idiot for picking it as something they do for 38 hours a week.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 11-09-2017 at 1:21 PM.
    • Laz123
    • By Laz123 11th Sep 17, 9:13 AM
    • 1,496 Posts
    • 918 Thanks
    Laz123
    Yea, good post!

If there was indeed a queue of up to an hour then you've got to realise that the (typically minimum wage) people on the other side are probably going to be stressed out and potentially be funny !!!!!!s! Can you imagine it? They typically get X calls a day and that's what they are paid to handle. Then suddenly a "hurricane" of calls comes through and they are doing 2x, 3x or maybe more work and facing a constantly high number of calls in the queue! Add to the fact that the last 10 people on the phone have probably gave them abuse because flights have been cancelled due to an act of 'God'!

You've got to be the bigger person in situations like that. Let any funny stuff go over your head and just be polite + get what you need out of them.

You sound like you are fairly reasonable in that you know that acts of God are going to delay flights, and you had a contingency. But I think you handled it just as badly as the person on the other end of the phone.
    Originally posted by stuartJo1989
    They're not even on that. They're typically people who have been bought on the people trafficking black market and are so poor they can't even afford shoes or clothes and have to sit in the freezing cold in their tattered underwear. They also have one meal a day which consists of a bowl of rice. I should know I was once poor m'self, Gov, an' ever so 'umble. This is how I remember those days:

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Aye, very passable, that, very passable bit of risotto
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    You're right there, Obadiah
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Who'd have thought thirty year ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Château de Chasselas, eh?
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    In them days we was glad to have the price of a cup o' tea
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    A cup o' cold tea
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Without milk or sugar
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Or tea
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    In a cracked cup, an' all
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Oh, we never had a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    The best we could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness, son"
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Aye, 'e was right
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Aye, 'e was
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor!
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    We were evicted from our 'ole in the ground; we 'ad to go and live in a lake
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Cardboard box?
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Aye
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    And you try and tell the young people of today that ... they won't believe you
    ALL:
    They won't!
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.
    George Carlin
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 11th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    The-Truth
    I've never worked in any job where I've felt the need to be rude to someone in the course of my employment. It's not professional.
    Originally posted by hollydays
    What occupation do you have out of pure interest?
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 11th Sep 17, 11:33 AM
    • 3,041 Posts
    • 3,155 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    Honestly if even one of the many awful things the rep said in the OP actually happened that's beyond scummy.

I worked in customer service, face to face, for a long time and dealt with some absolute arseholes beyond all redemption - shouting, screaming, insulting pillocks one and all. The one thing I didn't do was get sarcastic, insulting or mocking back because that would reflect on me, not the t*sser I was dealing with, and it wouldn't be him that got in trouble, it would be me. If anything it was a skill that is required; the ability to be polite, if firm, when dealing with the unreasonable, the rude and the shouty. If the rep cannot do that he should not be working in customer service. End of.

It is completely irrelevant to a person's treatment by a firm the sort of bad day that the person representing that firm is having, the person's wage level or whether the caller is themselves a bit of a d*ck. They are entitled to courteous service as a customer of that firm, up until the point at which they get actually abusive and even then the call should be politely terminated after a warning is given. Quite why there are people in this thread defending the indefensible (and again, a lot of this rep's comments if verbatim are completely indefensible) is beyond me - if they were spoken to so sh*ttily I don't imagine they'd be so sanguine.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
    • baza52
    • By baza52 11th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 2,033 Posts
    • 1,983 Thanks
    baza52
    I have also worked in a call center role before and have come across countless abusive customers, ones that think they are right and wont listen to you and ones that are quite happy to argue the toss all day if you were to let them.

Lets look at some extracts from the OPs post,
    "I went back on hold for a second hour, and ended up in a long argument with who was definitely the rudest customer service representative I've ever had the misfortune of speaking with."

"I'm going to hang up now and you can call back again later when you've got it." We argued about this for a few minutes"

"By the end of the conversation this guy was being such a douche and talking down to me as much as it was possible to do so. I asked for his name, and he absolutely refused to provide it and we ended up in an argument about it"

If the OP had her booking ref this could have been a 2 minute call.
    We only have 1 side of the story/call but why would the OP need to keep having arguments?
    The customer (OP) also has zero right to be told the workers name. At most a christian name would be given.
    If the OP want to take the complaint further im sure TC will have recorded the call and they will be aware of the person the call was taken by.
    People that work in call centers will not just hang up on people for no reason, Its one of the worst things you can do and if caught doing it they wont have a job for long.
    They are also told not to let calls go on for longer than necessary especially when there are lots of calls waiting.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 12th Sep 17, 9:30 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    The-Truth
    Originally posted by The-Truth
    Hollydays has logged in today but has chosen not to enlighten me as to the answer to my question. It's not a surprise though is it. Baza52 has pretty much summed things up. The long and the short if it is hollydays has no idea of what this sort of work is like. Or at least if hollydays has ever done it it was that long ago they've forgotten all about it and will point blank refuse to admit what they do now.
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 12th Sep 17, 12:27 PM
    • 2,028 Posts
    • 3,052 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    I've never been a customer service advisor. But for people who are to complain about customers getting angry with them "when it's not their fault" is like a sewer worker complaining about the smell. That's the job. You're supposed to put up with it. The people whose fault the customer's problems actually are are paying you to deal with it so they don't have to. Your job is to try and leave the customer in a place where they will spend money with the company again, and if you don't do that you've not done the job.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 12th Sep 17, 1:30 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    I've never been a customer service advisor. But for people who are to complain about customers getting angry with them "when it's not their fault" is like a sewer worker complaining about the smell. That's the job. You're supposed to put up with it. The people whose fault the customer's problems actually are are paying you to deal with it so they don't have to. Your job is to try and leave the customer in a place where they will spend money with the company again, and if you don't do that you've not done the job.
    Originally posted by ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Spot on.....
    • stuartJo1989
    • By stuartJo1989 12th Sep 17, 1:39 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    stuartJo1989
    Don't think your analogy is 100% correct.

Its more like a sewer worker being on a sewage plant which, when working correctly, has a very mild or no smell. Every so often the filter breaks and you get overwhelmed by the smell.

Whether that would justify complaining or not is a matter of personal opinion to some extent..
    • SevenOfNine
    • By SevenOfNine 12th Sep 17, 5:39 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 1,108 Thanks
    SevenOfNine
    Hollydays has logged in today but has chosen not to enlighten me as to the answer to my question. It's not a surprise though is it. Baza52 has pretty much summed things up. The long and the short if it is hollydays has no idea of what this sort of work is like. Or at least if hollydays has ever done it it was that long ago they've forgotten all about it and will point blank refuse to admit what they do now.
    Perhaps hollydays simply doesn't feel obliged to enlighten you by answering your question. Perhaps she just got bored by the thread & couldn't be asked to read further than page one.

"Hollydays has logged in today"..........you're starting to sound like a stalker!
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
    • Laz123
    • By Laz123 13th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    • 1,496 Posts
    • 918 Thanks
    Laz123
    You're a little bit worrying mate if you don't mind me saying so. You smack of being some kind of stalker. Posters aren't committed to having to answer to the likes of some jumped-up little prat stamping their tiny feet demanding attention.
    Last edited by Laz123; 13-09-2017 at 8:40 AM. Reason: changed fart to prat
    George Carlin
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 13th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    The-Truth
    What about when customers bully the staff?

Is that still the staff's fault?

I've never been a customer service advisor.
    I can tell, you've never been bullied in your workplace like many retail staff have been.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 13th Sep 17, 10:17 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    The-Truth
    You're a little bit worrying mate if you don't mind me saying so. You smack of being some kind of stalker. Posters aren't committed to having to answer to the likes of some jumped-up little prat stamping their tiny feet demanding attention.
    Originally posted by Laz123

I'm not. It's not exactly hard to noticed when someone didn't address your comment or to noticed they've since commented on something else, all you have to do is read and follow the thread!

To be honest with your reply it seems your a bit more stalker with me then myself with following who I've spoken to and whether or not they replied!
    • Autumnella
    • By Autumnella 13th Sep 17, 10:35 AM
    • 423 Posts
    • 1,447 Thanks
    Autumnella
    I can't believe people getting on at the OP over this. For the advisor to speak to and treat a customer like this is absolutely deplorable.

For a start if the first advisor couldn't hear the customer properly but knew they were there they should have told them to hang up and that they would call them back to hopefully get a better line (as long as the number came up on the display of course which it often does).

Even if the customer was rude talking to a customer like this is disgusting, especially after they apologised. Behaviour like this just results in the conversation turning into a slanging match. Dealing with angry/rude/disgruntled customers is all part of working in a call centre, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!

OP, I would call back, early morning when the lines are quieter and insist on speaking to a manager to have the call listening to and any advisor training issues dealt with. Then, I'd put in a subject access request to see exactly what had been written about me following the conversation.
    • baza52
    • By baza52 13th Sep 17, 11:20 AM
    • 2,033 Posts
    • 1,983 Thanks
    baza52
    I can't believe people getting on at the OP over this. For the advisor to speak to and treat a customer like this is absolutely deplorable.

For a start if the first advisor couldn't hear the customer properly but knew they were there they should have told them to hang up and that they would call them back to hopefully get a better line (as long as the number came up on the display of course which it often does).
    Your assuming that they have the ability to make outbound calls. When i worked in a call center it was incomming calls only

Even if the customer was rude talking to a customer like this is disgusting, especially after they apologised. Behaviour like this just results in the conversation turning into a slanging match. Dealing with angry/rude/disgruntled customers is all part of working in a call centre, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
    I take it you have worked in a similar role and are speaking from experience

OP, I would call back, early morning when the lines are quieter and insist on speaking to a manager to have the call listening to and any advisor training issues dealt with. Then, I'd put in a subject access request to see exactly what had been written about me following the conversation.
    Originally posted by Autumnella
    Great idea, then if the call transcript shows the customer was rude and argumentative they can add notes to their account to warn other staff
    • foxtrotoscar
    • By foxtrotoscar 13th Sep 17, 12:30 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 1,519 Thanks
    foxtrotoscar

What previous PPR'd MSE username did you have? Just out of pure interest?
    • kezzygirl
    • By kezzygirl 13th Sep 17, 8:28 PM
    • 579 Posts
    • 646 Thanks
    kezzygirl
    They're not even on that. They're typically people who have been bought on the people trafficking black market and are so poor they can't even afford shoes or clothes and have to sit in the freezing cold in their tattered underwear. They also have one meal a day which consists of a bowl of rice. I should know I was once poor m'self, Gov, an' ever so 'umble. This is how I remember those days:

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Aye, very passable, that, very passable bit of risotto
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    You're right there, Obadiah
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Who'd have thought thirty year ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Château de Chasselas, eh?
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    In them days we was glad to have the price of a cup o' tea
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    A cup o' cold tea
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Without milk or sugar
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Or tea
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    In a cracked cup, an' all
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Oh, we never had a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    The best we could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness, son"
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Aye, 'e was right
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Aye, 'e was
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor!
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    We were evicted from our 'ole in the ground; we 'ad to go and live in a lake
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    Cardboard box?
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Aye
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt
    SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
    Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
    THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
    Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife
    FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
    Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah
    FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
    And you try and tell the young people of today that ... they won't believe you
    ALL:
    They won't!
    Originally posted by Laz123
    ..........wtf was that all about
    • Laz123
    • By Laz123 14th Sep 17, 8:21 AM
    • 1,496 Posts
    • 918 Thanks
    Laz123
    ..........wtf was that all about
    Originally posted by kezzygirl
    It was just my way of pointing out that customer service staff, although poorly paid, are not unique. There's many other jobs where the staff are on minimum wages and zero contracts. Firms can save even more money to enable them to pay their rich fatcats inflated salaries by farming out to poor countries. That's why Barclays have their customer services in India and Paypal in the Philippines
    George Carlin
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 14th Sep 17, 10:39 AM
    • 2,028 Posts
    • 3,052 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    What about when customers bully the staff?

Is that still the staff's fault?

I can tell, you've never been bullied in your workplace like many retail staff have been.
    What do you mean, "still the staff's fault"? Nothing is the staff's fault. However, their job is to deal with things that aren't their fault. To calm people down whether they are rationally or irrationally angry. That's their job. if it proves impossible to do, fair enough, they can politely terminate a call after warnings. But it is their job to try and do the job and sometimes to accept blame for things that aren't their fault. This shouldn't be a difficult concept.

It's only their fault if they deal badly with the situation by becoming angry themselves.

A customer cannot "bully" a member of staff over the phone, by the way. Dealing with angry customers is the job they are paid to do. It is expected and inevitable that customers will call and be angry with them. As long as they try and deal with the problem and remain calm, they are doing their job and can't be criticised. The only person that can bully them would be their supervisors, which is an entirely different matter.
    • baza52
    • By baza52 14th Sep 17, 11:54 AM
    • 2,033 Posts
    • 1,983 Thanks
    baza52
    Dealing with angry customers in NOT the job they are paid to do, that would be the complaints team.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin