Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 8th Sep 17, 11:36 PM
    • 55Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Loki01
    PCN Admin Centre help :(
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:36 PM
    PCN Admin Centre help :( 8th Sep 17 at 11:36 PM
    Hello.

So today I have received Notice to Keeper/Hirer dated from 5.9.2017. The windscreen notice was apparently issued on 31/7/2017 but I am not aware of it and so I couldnt pay the discounted fee (not that I would particularly wanted to). The creditor is Leeds Teaching Hospital. They havent included any pictures with the letter.
    Can somebody help with how to appeal and on what ground?

Thank you
    Last edited by Loki01; 11-09-2017 at 6:50 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    • 49,972 Posts
    • 63,364 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:56 PM
    http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators

They are in the BPA AOS, so they should be treated the same as any BPA member, as shown in the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum. Appeal without saying who was driving.

I would also ask for all photos taken and some images of the signage terms they allege were prominently displayed, and evidence of which car park the car was in.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Loki01
    • By Loki01 9th Sep 17, 12:20 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:20 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:20 AM
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    So should I go:

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach.
    Under the schedule 4 of POFA 2012 you are required to send me a postal PCN if there is no evidence of windscreen ticket. As I have no evidence of such ticket and haven't received a postal PCN within the stated period, I require an evidence (such as photo) that the windscreen notice has been issued.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Is this ok? Should I add something?
    Thank you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 12:29 AM
    • 49,972 Posts
    • 63,364 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:29 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:29 AM
    I told you what to add...!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Loki01
    • By Loki01 9th Sep 17, 12:40 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:40 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:40 AM
    I did:

Under the schedule 4 of POFA 2012 you are required to send me a postal PCN if there is no evidence of windscreen ticket. As I have no evidence of such ticket and haven't received a postal PCN within the stated period, I require an evidence (such as photo) that the windscreen notice has been issued.

Maybe I should also add: also an evidence that the signage terms were appropriately displayed along with an evidence of what car park the car was parked in.
    Last edited by Loki01; 09-09-2017 at 12:42 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 12:43 AM
    • 49,972 Posts
    • 63,364 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:43 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 12:43 AM
    and some images of the signage terms they allege were prominently displayed, and evidence of which car park the car was in.

• Loki01
    • By Loki01 11th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    Hello, so got the evidence from the creditor that they have to proof that the car was parked illegally.
    Could you please help me to maybe redraft the appeal if you think it would help?
    Do you think I stand a chance saying they have no proof really?

Thank you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3k23wtmkqiu2a2/car_1.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by Loki01; 11-09-2017 at 5:57 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 3,620 Posts
    • 1,833 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    Please edit your latest post.

The end of the first sentence should read "...that the car was parked illegally".
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-09-2017 at 6:57 PM.
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 11th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    Could anybody help regarding the photos?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Sep 17, 6:24 PM
    • 32,742 Posts
    • 16,755 Thanks
    Quentin
    Thank you. Although, that is not what I am sending in?
    Originally posted by Loki01
    The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

See today's post in miladm1067 thread!
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 11th Sep 17, 6:43 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

See today's post in miladm1067 thread!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thanks for the tip.
    I am just using the I when talking about the my car, like its extension of myself
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 11th Sep 17, 6:49 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    Also, on their website (where there is an option to pay) it adds £3.20 for paying by card. Is this not illegal?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 3,620 Posts
    • 1,833 Thanks
    KeithP
    Also, on their website (where there is an option to pay) it adds £3.20 for paying by card. Is this not illegal?
    No, it is not.
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 11th Sep 17, 7:01 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    No, it is not.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Thank you.

Can I ask if you believe that from the picture the car is identifiable as parking illegaly?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Sep 17, 7:11 PM
    • 3,620 Posts
    • 1,833 Thanks
    KeithP
    Thank you.

Can I ask if you believe that from the picture the car is identifiable as parking illegaly?
    All we can see is that the car is parked.

An illegally parked car looks like any other parked car to me.

You need to determine whether or not the driver had complied with the terms of any contract he/she may have agreed to.
    Or indeed whether there is any such agreement.
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 11th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    All we can see is that the car is parked.

An illegally parked car looks like any other parked car to me.

You need to determine whether or not the driver had complied with the terms of any contract he/she may have agreed to.
    Or indeed whether there is any such agreement.
    What I was thinking, is that you cannot really the notice on a picture with the registration number of the car.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 3,620 Posts
    • 1,833 Thanks
    KeithP
    What I was thinking, is that you cannot really the notice on a picture with the registration number of the car.
    You've missed the point.

The picture only shows that the car was there.

Whether it had any right to be there or not cannot be deduced from the picture.

Anyway, that has no bearing on whether you need to adjust your appeal. You do not need to adjust it further. Send it now.
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-09-2017 at 7:19 PM.
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 11th Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    You've missed the point.

The picture only shows that the car was there.

Whether it had any right to be there or not cannot be deduced from the picture.

Anyway, that has no bearing on whether you need to adjust your appeal. You do not need to adjust it further. Send it now.
    Thank you. Sorry, its been a long day
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 14th Sep 17, 10:57 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    So this is what I have received today in the email:

I am confident I had 28 days since the NOT which is dated 5th September:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your recent email.

Please be advised that we have been instructed to pursue this outstanding parking charge notice on behalf of our client.

To confirm, our clients signage is fully approved by the British Parking Association (BPA).

Our client is relying on POFA 2012 to pursue this PCN and as no appeal was received within the time period stipulated, it is now too late to appeal further. A POPLA code will not be issued at this time.

Photographic evidence was requested and has been uploaded to ipaymypcn.net

We shall note your comments but to inform you without payment, the account will be left to progress accordingly.

What do I do now?
    • Loki01
    • By Loki01 14th Sep 17, 10:59 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Loki01
    Plus there is no photographic evidence on the website
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

95Posts Today

1,602Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin