Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tomac
    • By Tomac 8th Sep 17, 10:59 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tomac
    Halifax says no longer have paperwork!
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:59 PM
    Halifax says no longer have paperwork! 8th Sep 17 at 10:59 PM
    Used to have a Mortgage with Halifax. Transferred it about 10 years ago to Natwest. Looking into PPI attached to old Halifax mortgage. Rang them and they said we can't make a claim as they don't keep information past 8 years. Is this likely? Where could I do a free credit history check to at least confirm the details of the mortgage we had with the Halifax? Thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    • 89,546 Posts
    • 55,992 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    Rang them and they said we can't make a claim as they don't keep information past 8 years. Is this likely?
    They hold on for data on closed accounts much shorter than open accounts. Halifax MPPI was usually monthly premium standalone plan and not built into the mortgage.

Where could I do a free credit history check to at least confirm the details of the mortgage we had with the Halifax?
    You cant. Its a rolling 6 years. You know you had a halifax mortgage. You dont need anywhere else to tell you that
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 8th Sep 17, 11:06 PM
    • 18,721 Posts
    • 9,976 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:06 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:06 PM
    UWhere could I do a free credit history check to at least confirm the details of the mortgage we had with the Halifax? Thanks
    Originally posted by Tomac
    There is no such free credit check going back so far.

If neither you nor the bank have records of this finance any "complaint" is dead before it's begun.

If you doubt their sincerity, you can send them a Subject Access Request (SAR). The cost will be a non-refundable £10.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 10th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    • 4,808 Posts
    • 5,228 Thanks
    societys child
    • 10th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    Used to have a Mortgage with Halifax. Transferred it about 10 years ago to Natwest. Looking into PPI attached to old Halifax mortgage. Rang them and they said we can't make a claim as they don't keep information past 8 years. Is this likely? Where could I do a free credit history check to at least confirm the details of the mortgage we had with the Halifax? Thanks
    Originally posted by Tomac
    There is no free credit history check, why do you feel it was mis-sold, or are you wishing to make a claim on the insurance?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,891Posts Today

9,328Users online

Martin's Twitter