Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adrian2768
    • By adrian2768 8th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    adrian2768
    Signature required for two letters to Owner/Occupier
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    Signature required for two letters to Owner/Occupier 8th Sep 17 at 9:07 PM
    Obviously until I go any collect the items from the PO tomorrow I will never know what they are, but I just wanted to know if any companies are playing nasty tricks to get the name of occupiers at the moment.

About 11 years ago I had some old debt. All barred now, nothing on my credit files anymore. Odd behaviour like this still makes me nervous, so I just thought I would ask the question see if some of the scavengers are trying this old trick.

My plan is to ask to see a return address on it, and then google that in the PO and then just refuse to sign for it, but it would be great if I had an idea if this is still a tactic.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 8th Sep 17, 9:49 PM
    • 12,455 Posts
    • 11,854 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:49 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:49 PM
    I think you may be over reacting just a tad.

Who ever sent them already knows your name, signing for the letters won't make any difference to anything except the level of ink in the pen you use.

Post office won't release mail unless you sign for it.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • adrian2768
    • By adrian2768 8th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    adrian2768
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    I may well be overreacting, and i'm sure I am. But it was addressed to "Owner/Occupier". So I made the assumption that the sender was fishing for information.
    • theoretica
    • By theoretica 8th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 4,921 Posts
    • 6,148 Thanks
    theoretica
    Surely you can sign with a special illegible squiggle.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
    • adrian2768
    • By adrian2768 8th Sep 17, 10:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    adrian2768
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:04 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 10:04 PM
    they normally enter your name from your id. Anyway, i'll find out tomorrow. Just seems odd to send recorded signature mail to someone you have no idea who they are.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,564Posts Today

8,155Users online

Martin's Twitter