Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smilin
    • By smilin 8th Sep 17, 8:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    smilin
    Any chance of getting mis-sold PPI from Beneficial Finance?
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:49 PM
    Any chance of getting mis-sold PPI from Beneficial Finance? 8th Sep 17 at 8:49 PM
    Hi,

I hope someone can give me a bit of advice.

I had a loan with Beneficial Finance, and I was sold insurance with it, which I assume to be PPI. I believe it was mis-sold as I was told I have to have it, and from recollection, I was not told anything about my pre-existing medical conditions.

The problem I have is that the loan was back in 1999. It was a consolidation loan. I also no longer have any details on it, not even the account number.

I know I can send a SAR letter off, and it would cost me, but as its over 6 years, how likely is it that they still have the details? With the banks being hit by numerous PPI claims, surely they would have disposed of all the evidence as soon as they were able to?

If anyone has any advise for me, please post a reply

Kindest regards
    James
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Sep 17, 9:11 PM
    • 14,042 Posts
    • 14,728 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:11 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:11 PM
    It's very unlikely they will still have details, but not as part of the conspiracy theory you suggest.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 9th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 7,096 Posts
    • 5,088 Thanks
    -taff
    • 9th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    Send the SAR

Win win

Either they have it and you can complain

The don't, you set your mind at rest,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

386Posts Today

5,019Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin