Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marciabaxter
    • By Marciabaxter 8th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Marciabaxter
    Esa & pension he
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    Esa & pension he 8th Sep 17 at 7:05 PM
    Hello

My doctor has given me a sick note due to a flare up with Crohn's disease and I developed a rare form of colitis. I have applied for ESA but worried and unsure if I am entitled. I received a local government pension of £46 per week. Will I still be entitled to esa? Any advice greatly appreciated
Page 1
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 8th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 4,102 Posts
    • 4,230 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    Yes. If you qualify for Contribution based benefit that amount will be ignored. If you only qualify for Income Related it will reduce the amount of ESA but will not wipe it out.
    • Marciabaxter
    • By Marciabaxter 9th Sep 17, 2:47 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marciabaxter
    • 9th Sep 17, 2:47 AM
    Tellitot
    • 9th Sep 17, 2:47 AM
    Thank you so much for your response. My 2 year employment contract ended in Feb 2016. My father died he left me 5k. I lived on that and esa as I was grieving and suffering from depression. I had lost my mother the previous year. I started working again Feb 2017 as a casual worker they end my contract in April. I started to a factory job in May but got signed off in July with my Crohn's & colitis disease. In both job I paid tax & NI. But approx only 4 months worth of tax & NI

So not sure if I have paid enough contributions. I am worried sick that how much they will be pay me as struggling to survive financially... my doctor has signed me off until end of oct as my hospital consultant suggest I might have to have a temp ileostomy bag so not expect to attempt to find work until November.

If they take of my £46 per pension which they still make my income approximately £70 per week?

My fear is I will have to sell my car to survive.... how can I find out what they will pay me?

Many thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,564Posts Today

8,155Users online

Martin's Twitter