Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barrypre
    • By barrypre 8th Sep 17, 5:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    barrypre
    parking ticket at work. now solicitors letter
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:40 PM
    parking ticket at work. now solicitors letter 8th Sep 17 at 5:40 PM
    HI

I pay a monthly fee straight out of salary to park at work. recently due to forgetting to display a pass, I received a ticket on my windscreen from Indigo, who hold the parking contract where I work. I ignored this assuming that I would be registered as a paying customer. Several weeks later, the next communication i received was from a company called ZZPS who advised that they were now handling the case. They sent me another letter advising that the charge had now increased to £100. Apparently another letter was sent prior to this from Indigo but I didnt receive this.

I contacted ZZPS to explain that i am a paying customer and was entitled to park in the area where I received the ticket and that on-site staff had said to me that they would have cancelled the ticket, had I brought it to their attention after receiving it. Their answer was that it was a breach of parking terms and conditions as there was no badge displayed and were unimpressed with my evidence that this ticket would have been written off on the day if reported locally.

I have now received a lettter from Wright Hassall Solicitors informng that the charge is now £136 and must be payed in 14 days. The letter then goes on to threaten CCJ's being applied etc.

I know I should have queried this ticket as soon as I got it but didn't as there was a lot going on at the time and as I said I should appear on the system as a paying customer.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to handle this? Obviously I object to paying a fine due to forgetting to display a badge for 1 day when I already pay a monthly fee to park there.

thanks a lot
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Sep 17, 5:49 PM
    • 5,973 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:49 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:49 PM
    HI

I pay a monthly fee straight out of salary to park at work. recently due to forgetting to display a pass, I received a ticket on my windscreen from Indigo, who hold the parking contract where I work. I ignored this assuming that I would be registered as a paying customer. Several weeks later, the next communication i received was from a company called ZZPS who advised that they were now handling the case. They sent me another letter advising that the charge had now increased to £100. Apparently another letter was sent prior to this from Indigo but I didnt receive this.

I contacted ZZPS to explain that i am a paying customer and was entitled to park in the area where I received the ticket and that on-site staff had said to me that they would have cancelled the ticket, had I brought it to their attention after receiving it. Their answer was that it was a breach of parking terms and conditions as there was no badge displayed and were unimpressed with my evidence that this ticket would have been written off on the day if reported locally.

I have now received a lettter from Wright Hassall Solicitors informng that the charge is now £136 and must be payed in 14 days. The letter then goes on to threaten CCJ's being applied etc.

I know I should have queried this ticket as soon as I got it but didn't as there was a lot going on at the time and as I said I should appear on the system as a paying customer.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to handle this? Obviously I object to paying a fine due to forgetting to display a badge for 1 day when I already pay a monthly fee to park there.

thanks a lot
    Originally posted by barrypre
    Is it a real Wright Hassall letter or a scam fake sent out by ZZPS

Who do they ask you to pay ???

NEVER CONTACT ZZPS AGAIN, THEY ARE POWERLESS TIMEWASTERS
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 5:55 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:55 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:55 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in as well as advice on how to deal with this. By doing nothing you are now in the debt collectors stage

Also get your employer involved in the hope that common sense will prevail
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

578Posts Today

6,303Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Do you agree with @TfL's decision not to reissue Uber's licence on grounds including falling to report serous crimes.

• RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Follow Martin