Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • E4A
    • By E4A 8th Sep 17, 5:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    E4A
    Anyone know how foreign speakers can access MSE?
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:26 PM
    Anyone know how foreign speakers can access MSE? 8th Sep 17 at 5:26 PM
    Hi

I run a local organisation teaching English as a foreing language, and wondered if there was any way foreign speakers might be able to access the MSE website, or its' forums, or the emails etc etc in their own language?

Does anyone know how to contact MSE? The site feedback form isn't taking any posts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by my students - people new to the UK need all the help they can get financially.
Page 1
    • steampowered
    • By steampowered 8th Sep 17, 5:48 PM
    • 1,688 Posts
    • 1,617 Thanks
    steampowered
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:48 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:48 PM
    Google translate?
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 8th Sep 17, 6:35 PM
    • 321 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:35 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:35 PM
    I doubt MSE will offer translation services, Google translate is going to be your only option there.

I was going to suggest a new board for newcomers to post queries on, but because of the legal restrictions on immigration advice it might be seen as too burdensome to monitor.

In the meantime, could you post on their behalf?
    • ohreally
    • By ohreally 8th Sep 17, 7:42 PM
    • 6,228 Posts
    • 4,754 Thanks
    ohreally
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:42 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:42 PM
    people new to the UK need all the help they can get financially.
    Originally posted by E4A
    Don't UK citizens?
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 8th Sep 17, 9:56 PM
    • 18,689 Posts
    • 18,977 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:56 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:56 PM
    I will send a suggestion to the Forum Team.
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 8th Sep 17, 11:35 PM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 1,108 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:35 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:35 PM
    We all need help m8
    • theronstar
    • By theronstar 9th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    theronstar
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    I speak Russian and Spanish if people from those cultures had any questions

I would agree with what the earlier posters have said though.

Also Brexit is underway now. I doubt many foreign citizens will be able to look to the UK government for help once it has concluded.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,953Posts Today

6,287Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin