Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Onlooker
    • By Onlooker 8th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Onlooker
    Lifetime Mortgage
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    Lifetime Mortgage 8th Sep 17 at 5:16 PM
    Proposal announced by the Financial Conduct Authority to make it easier for borrowers to extend their Mortgage or Interest only mortgage for their own lifetime.This would ,they say,give borrowers an alternative to Equity Release,downsizing or having to sell their properties.A leading acturary consultant points out that Equity Release,espicially as a Lifetime Mortgage,includes compounding interest resulting in rapid erosion of the housing funds available for a bequest-this new deal will be cheaper..Sounds like worth wating for any forth coming changes.
Page 1
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 8th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    merrydance
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    I have taken equity release on my property and as long as I pay the interest every month, it does not compound. Sound like the same sort of thing?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,931Posts Today

5,733Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin