Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • D8D
    • By D8D 8th Sep 17, 4:59 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    D8D
    ESA and EDP backdating?
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:59 PM
    ESA and EDP backdating? 8th Sep 17 at 4:59 PM
    Hello,

After receiving basic ESA (£73.10 a week) for about 6 months, I was assessed and placed in a support group, raising my weekly allowance to £109.65. I was also given the Enhance Disability Premium of £15.90 a week.

On top of that, I've also been given the Severe Disability Premium of £62.45 a week, as I'm in receipt of PIP as well.

1) the SDP should be backdated to the date I'm submitted my PIP claim, because the two are linked, correct?
    2) the ESA should be backdated to the 14th week from the ESA claim submission date, right?
    Would that include the EDP too? i.e. £36.55 support group + £15.90 EDP = £52.45 a week backdating from the 14th week.

Thanks!
    Last edited by D8D; 08-09-2017 at 5:27 PM.
Page 1
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 8th Sep 17, 5:26 PM
    • 12,148 Posts
    • 18,024 Thanks
    nannytone
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:26 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:26 PM
    yes the support group element and the EDP will be backdated from the 14th week.

the SDP would be backdated to the date when both PIP and ESA were both payable ( after the assessment period)

this is as long as the other SDP criteria are met.
    you live with no non dependants ( apart from those already receiving the relevant disability benefits) and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you
    • D8D
    • By D8D 8th Sep 17, 5:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    D8D
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:34 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:34 PM
    Great, understood. Thanks a lot
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,147Posts Today

8,116Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin