Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 8th Sep 17, 4:56 PM
    • 118Posts
    • 23Thanks
    Narkynewt
    Halifax have booked in valuation, does this mean credit checks are done?
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:56 PM
    Halifax have booked in valuation, does this mean credit checks are done? 8th Sep 17 at 4:56 PM
    So we went full application on Thursday 9am and paid the valuation fee. My mortgage advisor has just emailed me to say that Halifax have booked the valution in for Monday 18th September. Does this mean that they have already done their credit checks?

After the valuation they will just need to confirm everything we have told them is correct, income etc (which it is) and ensure affordability (definitely is as mortgage will be £200 pm less than our rent and we have no credit accounts at all). Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!
Page 2
    • Natbag
    • By Natbag 15th Sep 17, 4:33 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    Natbag
    Can I ask, those applying through Halifax, once you had your mortgage in principle and found the house you wanted to buy, how long was it between that date and your survey date please?
    • maccajock
    • By maccajock 16th Sep 17, 8:50 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    maccajock
    Hi,

Done AIP on 1.9.17
    Put offer on house 2.9.17
    Spoke to Halifax and completed initial phone application on 4.9.17
    Paid for homebuyer survey on 5.9.17
    Survey completed on 13.9.17
    Mortgage offer arrived in post 15.9.17

Really quick TBH
    • Natbag
    • By Natbag 16th Sep 17, 9:52 AM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    Natbag
    Thanks so much maccajock, that's great to hear
    • Kpart1234
    • By Kpart1234 17th Sep 17, 7:38 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kpart1234
    Valuation is tomorrow. They have said green ticks by everything just valuation. Anyone know what will happen after tomorrow? How long till we here ?
    Feels like a life time away since we put the offered in but I was only 3 and half weeks ago
    • Kpart1234
    • By Kpart1234 17th Sep 17, 7:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kpart1234
    Want to move in after tomorrow ha. Just want tomorrow valuation to he done. One less thing to worry about
    • HGW2012
    • By HGW2012 18th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 91 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    HGW2012
    Valuation is tomorrow. They have said green ticks by everything just valuation. Anyone know what will happen after tomorrow? How long till we here ?
    Feels like a life time away since we put the offered in but I was only 3 and half weeks ago
    Originally posted by Kpart1234
    Are you having a home buyers survey as well as valuation?

We had home buyers level 2 survey on the Thursday, and had a verbal offer from Halifax by the following Tuesday evening.

Report was uploaded the Thursday after 1 week after the survey took place and we had the offer in the post from Halifax on the same day.

If no report being carried out I imagine it would be a lot quicker.
    • Kpart1234
    • By Kpart1234 18th Sep 17, 9:11 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kpart1234
    They have said it is worth the amount and there green ticks by everything but they didn't actually say "mortgage offer is in the post" we are hoping that is it now.
    No just the valuation which I know isn't the most sensible but to honest we have saved enough for deposit and legal fees. The house is 15 years old.
    They solicitors want the money for the searches now they said they have the draft contract. As they use an external company for the search we are waiting for the mortgage offer to be in our hands then I'll pay for the searches just in case
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 21st Sep 17, 3:01 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    Sooo bringing this thread back to my original question...

The credit checks have indeed been done, 3 of them to be precise! I m guessing 3 members of staff accessed my file so they definitely know about the defaults

The valuation has been done,n just waiting for the offer
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 29th Sep 17, 9:58 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    Update: Full mortgage offer received. Just waiting for land checks etc to be completed then get a proper moving date. 3 weeks maximum. Woohoo!
    • saxo_appeal
    • By saxo_appeal 29th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    saxo_appeal
    Good news Narky

Sigh of relief
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,543Posts Today

7,376Users online

Martin's Twitter