Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 8th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    • 120Posts
    • 49Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    OVO Energy
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:24 PM
    OVO Energy 8th Sep 17 at 4:24 PM
    Do they allow you to swap to another of their tariffs penalty free?

I only ask, as I have a very good tariff at the moment with EON, but OVO's 2 year tariff has now dropped to the same price (and cheaper than their one year tariff).

I can move tariff with EON penalty free, but could I with OVO, if I wanted to move before the two years are up?
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 8th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 4,198 Posts
    • 2,440 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    They did, and then they didn’t......... this is from their terms and conditions:

3.4 If you are on a fixed plan we may decide not to allow you to switch to another new fixed plan with us until your current contract term ends, or we may charge you a fee to do so – for example, if after six months of your current one year fixed plan, we launch a new fixed plan that you want to switch to, then we can decide whether or not to allow you to switch to the new plan.

They have a forum for questions: you might get a clearer answer if you pose your question there.
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 8th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    That sort of makes my decision, as I doubt they would let me move to their SVT. But I will have a scout at their forum, thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,540Posts Today

4,229Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin