Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Redalex
    • By Redalex 8th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Redalex
    Final Payment
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    Final Payment 8th Sep 17 at 3:56 PM
    Hi all,
    My current employer informed me about two weeks ago that I will be made redundant on 1st November.
    Yesterday, I accepted a job offer and as a result, I have discussed with my current employer and decided my end date of employment on 27th September.
    My annual current salary is 26000k pre tax and I still have 10 days holidays from my annual leave allowance of 24 days.
    First of all, do you think that I am entitled in any kind of redundancy payment? I guess that I am not because I would have the notice at the end of September but as I've found already a job before that date, I am not entitled to a redundancy pay right?
    Second thing, Am I entitled to any further payment except my working days until 27th September? I work at this company for 2.5 years.

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Madbags
    • By Madbags 8th Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Madbags
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    You may be able to leave early and keep the redundancy but it will be up to your employer. Speak to them about it. It's only I think if the employer rejects your early departure and you leave anyway I believe you will lose it.

Aside from a golden handshake you will not be entitled to anything else except your working days and owed holiday pay or expenses etc. up to that point.
    Last edited by Madbags; 08-09-2017 at 4:16 PM.
    • ssparks2003
    • By ssparks2003 8th Sep 17, 4:18 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    ssparks2003
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:18 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:18 PM
    You are not entitled to any payment since you have resigned. Any payment made would be at their own choice
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 8th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    • 4,058 Posts
    • 6,566 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    You are not entitled to any payment since you have resigned. Any payment made would be at their own choice
    Originally posted by ssparks2003
    This would be correct. They haven't issued notice, and you can only serve counter notice in the statutory notice period anyway. You aren't entitled too anything. But you have a job - that's better!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

868Posts Today

6,572Users online

Martin's Twitter