Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loopy1980
    • By loopy1980 8th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    loopy1980
    Delivery gone missing help please!!
    • 8th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    Delivery gone missing help please!! 8th Sep 17 at 3:35 PM
    I ordered some clothes and they were supposed to be delivered by myhermes. My hermes say they delivered them to my porch. I DONT OWN A PORCH! The company I ordered from wants me to sign and send back a form and is telling me I then have to wait for myhermes to do an investigation before I get a refund!
    Can someone tell me if its right that I have to wait or should they be refunding me before this? I don't feel its fair that the money is sat in their bank account earning interest and I have to wait for goodness knows how long for myhermes to investigate! Theres nothing to say they couldn't take months on end to do it. Ive even provided pictures of the front of my house to show there is no porch and no safe place to leave the parcel. I don't even have bins out the front for them to be put in!
    Please help! Ive opened a case on paypal because I paid through them.

Thanks
Page 1
    • ssparks2003
    • By ssparks2003 8th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    ssparks2003
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    You are going to have to wait. Otherwise everyone would be going around saying "honest give, I have not got the parcel, can I have my money back"
    • steampowered
    • By steampowered 8th Sep 17, 4:32 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 1,607 Thanks
    steampowered
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:32 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:32 PM
    How much interest do you really think the company is earning in a business current account.

I did a quick google search. It looks like Santander are leading the field with a stunning 0.1% rate. The rest pay 0%.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 8th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 392 Thanks
    phillw
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    I don't feel its fair that the money is sat in their bank account earning interest and I have to wait for goodness knows how long for myhermes to investigate!
    Originally posted by loopy1980
    If you paid by credit card then they probably haven't even got the money yet. Who did you buy from?
    Last edited by phillw; 08-09-2017 at 4:47 PM.
    • Lavendyr
    • By Lavendyr 8th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 1,836 Thanks
    Lavendyr
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    I ordered some clothes and they were supposed to be delivered by myhermes. My hermes say they delivered them to my porch. I DONT OWN A PORCH! The company I ordered from wants me to sign and send back a form and is telling me I then have to wait for myhermes to do an investigation before I get a refund!
    Can someone tell me if its right that I have to wait or should they be refunding me before this? I don't feel its fair that the money is sat in their bank account earning interest and I have to wait for goodness knows how long for myhermes to investigate! Theres nothing to say they couldn't take months on end to do it. Ive even provided pictures of the front of my house to show there is no porch and no safe place to leave the parcel. I don't even have bins out the front for them to be put in!
    Please help! Ive opened a case on paypal because I paid through them.

Thanks
    Originally posted by loopy1980
    Firstly sorry for some of the people on here who seem to think they have the right to make negative comments on everything...

That said, they do have to carry out an investigation as obviously there are people who take advantage. As others have said they won't be earning huge amounts of interest, but still it's the inconvenience of not having either your cash or your product.

Ultimately your contract is with the company that supplied the product, not the courier - so they are responsible for making sure you receive the product, not myHermes. They should be dealing with myHermes themselves - they are the ones who have the contract with them. I would suggest you point this out to them and ask them how they intend to resolve this given you are missing both money and product.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 8th Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    • 15,037 Posts
    • 37,587 Thanks
    elsien
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    Do you want a refund or do you want the goods sending out again which may be quicker? Happened to me with a Vacuum cleaner left in a nonexistent porch, and the company sent out a new one straight away.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 8th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 321 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    Firstly sorry for some of the people on here who seem to think they have the right to make negative comments on everything...

That said, they do have to carry out an investigation as obviously there are people who take advantage. As others have said they won't be earning huge amounts of interest, but still it's the inconvenience of not having either your cash or your product.

Ultimately your contract is with the company that supplied the product, not the courier - so they are responsible for making sure you receive the product, not myHermes. They should be dealing with myHermes themselves - they are the ones who have the contract with them. I would suggest you point this out to them and ask them how they intend to resolve this given you are missing both money and product.
    Originally posted by Lavendyr
    The retailer is dealing with the courier themselves, there is no suggestion otherwise. They intend to resolve it by investigating with the courier what happened to the missing parcel, after which they can (if suitable) refund the customer.

The people that you deem to have commented negatively have given accurate information. You've given duff advice because you didn't even read the OP properly.
    • Gleeful
    • By Gleeful 9th Sep 17, 4:31 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,357 Thanks
    Gleeful
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:31 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 4:31 PM
    The seller will win the Paypal claim as they can prove delivery so I don't think that was wise.
    • Autumnella
    • By Autumnella 9th Sep 17, 10:48 PM
    • 410 Posts
    • 1,434 Thanks
    Autumnella
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:48 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:48 PM
    Reminds me of an e-mail I picked up at work where a customer was whining about wanting the interest because their refund would take 14 days. The advisor responded with "As per HSBC's interest rates of X.XX per day I have calculated the interest at 1.8p, I will round this up to 2p as a goodwill gesture." Made me laugh.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,052Posts Today

8,324Users online

Martin's Twitter