Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Broke113
    • By Broke113 8th Sep 17, 2:07 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Broke113
    Hastings direct - different quote through TCB?
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:07 PM
    Hastings direct - different quote through TCB? 8th Sep 17 at 2:07 PM
    Went through all the comparison sites to find best quote. Hastings direct looked good but when I have gone through TCB to take out the policy the quote has increased by £40. All details are the same in both quotes. Tried to talk to the via phone (got bored of being on hold) and through live chat (no operatives available).

Is it usual for quotes on comparison sites to be so much lower than essentially going through the companies own site?
Page 1
    • rjw4
    • By rjw4 8th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    rjw4
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    This happened to me recently with my car & home insurance! Ended up going direct & getting cashback from TCB. I find it odd how I go through all comparison websites and get a different premium from each of them when I've input the same details!
    • rudekid48
    • By rudekid48 8th Sep 17, 9:53 PM
    • 2,034 Posts
    • 3,522 Thanks
    rudekid48
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:53 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:53 PM
    This happened to me recently with my car & home insurance! Ended up going direct & getting cashback from TCB. I find it odd how I go through all comparison websites and get a different premium from each of them when I've input the same details!
    Originally posted by rjw4
    Nothing odd about it, the comparison sites charge the insurer a hefty fee if you buy a policy - they don't all charge the same amount so prices will reflect that.
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
    • myrtlesprings
    • By myrtlesprings 9th Sep 17, 8:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    myrtlesprings
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:05 PM
    Car Insurance
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:05 PM
    I did a trawl on various comparison websites including Confused.Com for car insurance on 6 September and after due consideration selected one from their website, Brightside Insurance, the price offered on the website was £236.97, available until 28 September. When I phoned to accept and clarify a few details on 8 September I was informed that the price was £357.06. I was astounded at this and when I queried the huge price difference I was informed that 'it was due to fluctuations in the insurance market' which sounded very hollow indeed! Furthermore I was informed that the guarantee to hold the price until 28 September only becomes effective one I have clicked through on the web or phoned, this is very misleading in the extreme as the original search does say until the 28 September no ifs or buts.I have written to Confused.Com to complain and intend asking local Trading Standards Department to have a look at this!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,811Posts Today

9,533Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin